Got hit by a drunk, want to know what I’m entitled to

I know a child carseat is covered after a collision. Wouldn't the phone and laptop be a homeowner / renters claim. Same as a car break in?

I think it could be. But I think the point is he wants the at fault insurer to pay claims instead of it hitting his own policy/policies... which would likely cause an increase in premium upon renewal... heck, the accident already will probably do that.

I know the at fault insurer will cover any personal items damaged in the accident as long as there is documentation.

* Life agent here, not P&C. jmo

I think it could be. But I think the point is he wants the at fault insurer to pay claims instead of it hitting his own policy/policies... which would likely cause an increase in premium upon renewal... heck, the accident already will probably do that.

I know the at fault insurer will cover any personal items damaged in the accident as long as there is documentation.

* Life agent here, not P&C. jmo
Correct, I don't want to have my premiums increase. At this point, since I'm not really injured, I'm thinking/wondering how to get the most out of a settlement.

Correct, I don't want to have my premiums increase. At this point, since I'm not really injured, I'm thinking/wondering how to get the most out of a settlement.

You went to urgent care, had some aches and pains, incurred some medical costs (even if health insurance paid). That's worth something.

Meantime, your entitled to the cost to repair your car or it's actual cash value, whichever is less, the reasonable cost of temporary transportation while the car is being repaired, and the cost to repair or replace your damaged property, whichever is less.

Back