Great week...

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
This is my second full week as an independent and the last 8 days I've hit a little over $15,000 AV in health premium and around $1500 in life premium. Not too bad... 4 appointments tomorrow! Thanks for all you guys that have helped on this board! BTW, John, I haven't gotten back to you because I've been too busy writing business, but I would still like to pick your brain.

Good for you. Hard work and a decent plan will pay your bills in this business. Anyone who says otherwise needs to review how "hard" they are actually working.

Thanks Mel... Now that I'm not working 80 hours a week for the evil bank I can start to contribute a little more to the forum.. I've been here awhile, just not much time to post.. Thanks again to everyone!

I left an evil bank too, but I'm having a tough time with the whole prospecting thing and the results have been mediocre.

This is my second full week as an independent and the last 8 days I've hit a little over $15,000 AV in health premium and around $1500 in life premium. Not too bad... 4 appointments tomorrow! Thanks for all you guys that have helped on this board! BTW, John, I haven't gotten back to you because I've been too busy writing business, but I would still like to pick your brain.

For a newb like me, can you translate that into what your commission is on that?

The health commissions on that amount of premium are around $3000 and the life commissions on term life will be about $1400.

The best thing about this business is drive and determination can have an agent 4 weeks in the business blow an agent who's been in the biz for 10 years off the map.

It's pure capitalism at work - the hungriest and fastest lion eats the best. Government is the exact opposite. I love watching new agents do well.

Congratulations! You are off to a great start. There is no substitute for hard work, determination, a little prior planning and being well organized doesn't hurt either.

Keep us informed. I'm sure other new agents would like to hear just what is possible if they are willing to work at it. When you get back from the bank :) you might share with us how you are prospecting, where you are getting your leads and what companies you are selling for. Knowing what state you live in would also be helpful.

"There is no substitute for hard work, determination, a little prior planning and being well organized doesn't hurt either"

Um sure there is...rich parents!

Back