Hiring a Telemarketer to Book Appiontments

Yeah,

I think I am going to hire her to call on some local buisnesses, and also face to face cold walk for a couple of targeting mailing campaigns that I plan on doing for a couple of seminars.

We will do it on a trial basis for now and see how it goes.

Try makemycalls.com Try the demo. No lag time, monthly fee no set up or contract. Seems like a good system. Just passing the info.

I would strongly recommend really strenuously interviewing the telemarketer first and letting him/her know that her first few days are a "tryout period." I hired a telemarketer to book appointments for me not too long ago and...well, it sucked. She didn't book a damn thing, but did call to whine to me at least twice a day about how she didn't like cold calling.

One time, she called and bitched and I just cut her off - "How many have you dialed today?"

"Seven numbers! Five were voice mails, and the other two hung up on me!"

Seven...seven? Seven?? I would dance a freaking jig if I got two people to actually pick up their phone in seven calls while manually dialing.

I want to try it again in the future, but that's a headache I won't repeat for a week or two at least.

If you're screening potential telemarketers tell them you offer all candidates a two hour working interview. Put them on your dialer seat and pay them $5-$10 per hour for two hours so you get a better feel for how they'll do and they can also get a pretty good idea of what they'll be in for. You can listen in to the calls in real time or just go back over the recordings when they're done.

Back