How are we expected to sell?

(Not an agent. )
This is a recurring discussion in the senior forum, with some long term forum members taking both sides of the issue.

As nearly as I can tell it comes down to feelings about compensation for effort vs business practice restrictions imposed by a government agency as a result of the certification process. There are some strongly held feelings on both sides.

Selling both for me has nothing to do with commission & everything to do with doing the right thing for the customers. While supplements are great if you can afford them, not everyone can, so you have to put clients in what they can afford & what they want.

Just curious when these strict rules for medicare advantage such as no cold calling was this under the Bush Administration? Just curious.

There was no Medicare Advantage before 2006. It was known by other names and cold calling was allowed. In fact, when PDP first hit the streets (unfunded, of course) we could call and even door knock. The gooberment though it wonderful that agents would help people and didn't really care how we did it.

Things changed a few years later and I believe it was under the Obozo administration.

Rick

There was no Medicare Advantage before 2006. It was known by other names and cold calling was allowed. In fact, when PDP first hit the streets (unfunded, of course) we could call and even door knock. The gooberment though it wonderful that agents would help people and didn't really care how we did it.

Things changed a few years later and I believe it was under the Obozo administration.

Rick
Much better to have government "enrollers", quite a few who were found to have criminal records. You know, that whole "restorative justice" thing. Because God forbid the government gets the crooked insurance agents involved.:skeptical:

Just curious when these strict rules for medicare advantage such as no cold calling was this under the Bush Administration? Just curious.

Here's the history I had forgotten it was called Medicare Choice and UHC sold in Florida a plan that went belly up I believe in 2000 or 2001.

Medicare Advantage - Wikipedia

Looks like they started clamping down around 2006 and 2007, the scope might have been added after 2008 I didn't read this whole article.

- MEDICARE ADVANTAGE MARKETING AND SALES: WHO HAS THE ADVANTAGE?

Latest posts

Back