• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How are we expected to sell?

Is FE still in the no-go list for same day discussion?

As I understand it, you can sell anything health related on that same visit. People will say otherwise, but I've not had anyone show me in writing. Also, I've discussed this with Account Execs and senior level directors of every major MA company and have not been told otherwise.

Last edited:
They haven't changed that at all. You can't see someone on an MA or PDP appointment and discuss FE. I know there is a "millionaire" who says he has done that and apparently trains others to do that as well.

I guess as long as nobody gets caught it's ok. Right Mrs. Clinton?

Rick

They did change something last Jan about scopes. It was talked about several times here on the forums and I read the change. I just can’t remember the exact change. I haven’t changed anything personally though.

They did change something last Jan about scopes. It was talked about several times here on the forums and I read the change. I just can’t remember the exact change. I haven’t changed anything personally though.

The exact change was simply that they took away the waiting period. You can now legally talk to them about MA and PDP plans on the same visit as you talk with them about Med Supps.

I guess they (CMS) finally smartened up and realized that agents would just keep writing "Inconvenient for the client" on the scope as to the reason they did it the same day. Someone there finally realized it was one of the more stupid rules that was made by CMS. I'm glad they finally realized there was at least one stupid rule!

They haven't changed that at all. You can't see someone on an MA or PDP appointment and discuss FE. I know there is a "millionaire" who says he has done that and apparently trains others to do that as well.

I guess as long as nobody gets caught it's ok. Right Mrs. Clinton?

Rick

Hey Rick, I assume your referring to me. There was a change where the 48 hour scope rule was eliminated. Yes, that is a mistake that I said you can sell FE on MA appointment. I meant that you could sell anything on medsupp appointment and that you could change from medsupp to MAPD on the same appointment.

Hey Rick, I assume your referring to me. There was a change where the 48 hour scope rule was eliminated. Yes, that is a mistake that I said you can sell FE on MA appointment. I meant that you could sell anything on medsupp appointment and that you could change from medsupp to MAPD on the same appointment.
Hey, we're Independent Agents, so we can do whatever the f*ck we want to. :biggrin::twitchy:

Found it. Now I remember, CMS no longer requires you to obtain a scope 48 hours prior to the appt.

Again, I never said you could sell other products during a mapd appt. I said they changed something about scope rules last year.

This is the point of issue with some agents. They believe that you can’t sell MA on a medsupp call under any conditions. This is not accurate according to my review of the rules and of the major MA companies.

Back