• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How is FE Different?

That's why I only have big dogs. You couldn't accidentally step in the poop. You have to climb up it.

I hope you guys realize that when Sam sees this we're all getting spanked*.

(calm down Gooner....not a real spanking)

"They made me do it!!!"

I have been selling long term care insurance for 14 years, but have decided to stop because it's just doesn't work like it used to. Rate increases, tough underwriting, co's exiting the business....it's a tough deal.

I am entering the FE business and my question is, what makes the FE market different than other markets. I keep reading on these posts that it is "different" but I need to know how selling it compares to LTCI. What do I need to look out for that my keep me from being succesful?
Thanks,
Bill

You are dealing with world class procrastinators. They didn't get to be 65-75 years old and not have their funerals taken care of because they have been good with money or good planners.

You are probably the norm and have had the same agent for your P&C for years. Personally I had the same P&C agent for almost 30 years. If I wasn't in this business he would be my life agent.

These folks don't have an agent. They are the 1%'ers that respond to DM because they don't know who to talk to or the agents in their town won't talk to them.

They are serial mailers and will mail in another card next week after you sell them a policy today. I had a lady tell me today that she has sent in so many of those cards that she doesn't even know how many agents she has spoken to.

They will miss drafts. They will need baby sitting. It is, as one other person said, a one call close.

Not all the homes are dirty and smelly but many are.

Having said that, it's a very rewarding career if you can master it. I don't want to do anything else. Many seem to want to use FE as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Back