How Many Sales Per Week

Experienced Agent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
If I hammer small business list (1-4) employees with Mojo or Callfire dialer; predicated on my being a strong sales person. How many Individual health policies can I sell weekly? I know it's not an exact number but could I close 5-7, 5-10, 10-15? What do you think? I'm trying to create a business plan and need help.:GEEK:

If I hammer small business list (1-4) employees with Mojo or Callfire dialer; predicated on my being a strong sales person. How many Individual health policies can I sell weekly? I know it's not an exact number but could I close 5-7, 5-10, 10-15? What do you think? I'm trying to create a business plan and need help.:GEEK:

There are a lot of variables, but you're probably going to get 1-3 leads/hour that you dial (I'd suggest considering SalesDialers because their $600/year cheaper than MOJO with more features if you use promo/affiliate code "AML).

You're going to run into a lot of different things depending on your area. Using the script on Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone! we generated 1-2 decent leads per hour, but we were also going after small group business (you should probably at least have a home for that).

If you spend 4 hours a day dialing (10-12, 1-4 worked best for us) you're going to get 4-8 leads/day. Fridays are rough, but you should probably call on them anyway when you're getting started, that gives you 16-32 leads/week. Of those, half are going to be junk for one reason or another (health conditions, find out later they won't switch for any reason, etc) and then that's about what you're left working with. Some you'll close right away, some a little ways off, and some will only switch at renewal.

To get straight to the sales question, if you are hitting a bunch of mega clients that see their premiums jump and see their coverage for what it is, you'll probably close a lot higher than if you're selling the plan everyone already has.

Thank you Josh. Based on what your stating, I should be able to get 5 deals per week once I get the pipeline established. I don't think it makes financial sense to do less than 5 deals per week.

I talked to IMO that stated he has agent pulling in 15 - 20 per week. It seems a little unrealistic. He stated the guy has a full time assitant working handling incoming calls and misc. admin. Is this realistic if you are fine tuned?

Pulling down 15-20/week isn't unrealistic intrinsically, but it's definitely something you'd need to scale up to. There are a lot of folks that are going to continue to do well even with the current health(insurance) reform going on.

If your closing ratio isn't working for you, just dial more. Five sounds like a good starting goal, but there really are a lot of variables on it. You'll have a much better idea of what to expect once you start making calls and talking to people.

Odds are the person writing 15-20/week (ignoring that it's likely an inflated number) is working a mixture of internet leads and referrals.

FWIW - That natural cycle of a new agent that's doing well goes something like this:

It takes some time but they start filling up their pipeline.
They end up being too busy to keep filling up their pipeline.
Pipeline dries up and they lost momentum.
Now that the agent has made some money, they're afraid to prospect again.

In building your pipeline, make sure you keep consistently adding to it. You may not be able to spend as much time cold calling once you start talking to folks, but try to keep chugging away at least 2 hours/day even when you are busy to keep adding to it. Another big killer is your f/u. If you aren't keeping track of the people you are talking to you're making life more difficult down the road. A friend of mine offers a CRM for all of his agents and while not everyone is going to use it as judiciously as they probably should, it's important to find something that works for you so that you can stay on top of the prospects you need to.

Great advice Josh! and stop looking for numbers........it takes too much time. Once you meet someone, put them in your phone. Every client of mine is in my phone. When they call, I can answer them by name. They love it ......Everybody you meet should go in your phone. When you think about them, call them.......Leads come like that and referrals are even sweeter!

Pulling down 15-20/week isn't unrealistic intrinsically, but it's definitely something you'd need to scale up to. There are a lot of folks that are going to continue to do well even with the current health(insurance) reform going on.

If your closing ratio isn't working for you, just dial more. Five sounds like a good starting goal, but there really are a lot of variables on it. You'll have a much better idea of what to expect once you start making calls and talking to people.

Odds are the person writing 15-20/week (ignoring that it's likely an inflated number) is working a mixture of internet leads and referrals.

FWIW - That natural cycle of a new agent that's doing well goes something like this:

It takes some time but they start filling up their pipeline.
They end up being too busy to keep filling up their pipeline.
Pipeline dries up and they lost momentum.
Now that the agent has made some money, they're afraid to prospect again.

In building your pipeline, make sure you keep consistently adding to it. You may not be able to spend as much time cold calling once you start talking to folks, but try to keep chugging away at least 2 hours/day even when you are busy to keep adding to it. Another big killer is your f/u. If you aren't keeping track of the people you are talking to you're making life more difficult down the road. A friend of mine offers a CRM for all of his agents and while not everyone is going to use it as judiciously as they probably should, it's important to find something that works for you so that you can stay on top of the prospects you need to.

Thank you Josh. I'm interested in CRM you mentioned. How do I get info? At this point I'm leaning towards MOJO with built in CRM.

Thank you Josh. I'm interested in CRM you mentioned. How do I get info? At this point I'm leaning towards MOJO with built in CRM.

Most dialers have a CRM built-in, at least in some form. SalesDialers (with affiliate/promo code "AML") is $50/month cheaper than mojo, has email drip marketing, up to four lines (instead of three) and free call recording as well as the CRM. If you haven't checked it out, you definitely should.

The CRM he offers is hosted vTiger. I'm going to be offering it for folks I do websites for, but all you pretty much need is website hosting with a company that has a one click install. I am setup as a webhosting reseller, but you can get it from a lot of different companies.

To write 15-20 a week is not realistic from cold calling alone. Now you could have a few week where you hit that number.

Think about it. Avg biz is 4 lives. You are not going to be able to talk to all 4 of them. Probably just the owner.

To get 5-10 leads a day you are going to have to make almost 100-150 calls a day.

You will make sales with cold calling but take the sales cycle into consideration.

To be realistic I would say 5 or 10 sales per week if you are really hammering the phones. Don't forget about underwriting. 10%-20% could get declined.

Back