Hypothetically, how Hard is It to Pull Off a Huge Insurance Scam

Your arrogance and lack of imagination will be your undoing. There will be plenty of questions that you'll either have to lie about or refuse to answer.

Who says we haven't seen holes? Someone pointed out several to me and it made me think of additional ones. I simply am not going to tell you what they are.

Also, you severely underestimate the investigator. And yes, calling in an attorney when the investigator is interviewing you will be a huge red flag. If for any reason they didn't think you were guilty before, they will now.

There will be tons of evidence of your fraud. I actually thought of a few more things just a few posts ago. But I'm not going to tell you what they are. Hopefully you wise up and realize how stupid this is. If not, please write us from prison.

You still didn't answer the burden of proof question. You may consider that a separate inquiry if you would like. Tell me, what kind of evidence against the policy holder does a company have to have in order to deny a claim without being sued successfully?

What's suspicious about calling in an attorney when it appears your insurance company is giving you the runaround and looking for ways to deny your claim?

Fact is, innocent people use attorneys all the time.

If you were a suspect in a crime you did not commit, and the police are interrogating you and insisting how they "know" you're guilty, innocent or not, do you go at it alone, or do you use your two most basic rights of demanding an attorney and remaining silent?

Ah the old "Oh well I know the answer but I'm not going to say it." George Costanza, is that you?

I wish that worked. Think of all the careers I could get certified for, without any effort. Just write on the exam "Rest assured I know the answers to all these questions, and because I know, I see know reason to state the answer" and the professor saying "Well, that's good enough for me!"

Imagine if I could do that in a job interview. Fact is, "I know the answer but I'm not saying what it is" doesn't make you sound credible anywhere.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Your arrogance and lack of imagination will be your undoing. There will be plenty of questions that you'll either have to lie about or refuse to answer.

I have a B.A in creative writing an work in advertising. Enough said.

But you got one thing right, once I give my straightforward official story and the company refused to pay, I WOULD refuse to answer, my attorney would.

Last edited:
This really has been amusing, but I have no desire to coach you on how to commit fraud.

Good luck and again, let us know how things go from prison.

FYI, lawsuits over insurance claims are done in civil court, which has a different standard than criminal court.

Oh, one question. Have you told your attorney about your plan?

It sounds like a plan my 13 year old would plot. I'm willing to loan him out. He has a ton of ideas that always look good on paper. Fair warning, he's a terrible liar and has a history of selling out his partners in crime.

Funny thing, I was reading in the life insurance forum, A woman wanted to know if she took out a 500k life policy, on her husband,and he had an accident, with double indemity, would she get 1,000,000, she said her husbands name was andy,andy. She also mentioned a vacation,with her boyfriend . Romero!

Reminds me of that great line by Mickey Rourke's character in Body Heat:

I got a serious question for you: What the f**k are you doing? This is not s**t for you to be messin' with. Are you ready to hear something? I want you to see if this sounds familiar: any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna f**k up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius. You remember who told me that?

Back