I Do Not Even Know Why I Still Advise Health Clients

Last edited:
The funny thing is now that I stopped offering individual health sales altogether, everybody's friend's family's friends are calling me to write them. :1arghh:

There are land mines being placed selling individual health, that you may only become aware of, once you've stepped on it.

They are carefully reviewing commission guidelines and making internal changes that are not being passed on to us.

If you ask me, and that is just in case you ask, the commissions we're receiving now on Individual Health, are going to seem like candy compared to what's coming down the road.

There are land mines being placed selling individual health, that you may only become aware of, once you've stepped on it.

They are carefully reviewing commission guidelines and making internal changes that are not being passed on to us.

If you ask me, and that is just in case you ask, the commissions we're receiving now on Individual Health, are going to seem like candy compared to what's coming down the road.

So does that mean that the commissions are going up or down? I don't like candy...

Sometimes it's not worth the time at all. I had an applicant with a wife & 8 kids (yes 8 kids) apply for $10,000 deductible UHC 1 80% copay plan (he wouldn't listen to my suggestions to take a lower deductible 100% HSA for equal premium!!). The applicant and 8 kids were approved, but the wife was not because on the underwriting department's phone call to them she told them about some unexplained stomach issues... So the man & his wife blared at me on the phone, wanted to change carriers, then they wanted to get group insurance for some really weird conglomeration of "businesses" they run, and then told me they are moving to North Carolina in 2 weeks. All that time down the drain!

So the man & his wife blared at me on the phone, wanted to change carriers, then they wanted to get group insurance for some really weird conglomeration of "businesses" they run, and then told me they are moving to North Carolina in 2 weeks. All that time down the drain!

Perhaps you can refer them to a Carolina agent here - NOT! :laugh:

So the 4% Aetna pays today will look like Candy in the not to distant future? You're just kidding...right?-ac

Latest posts

Back