I Do Not Even Know Why I Still Advise Health Clients

While I don't spend as much time with folks as I used to, I still get a fair number of referrals from folks where I earn $0 but took the time to advise them on their options.

So the 4% Aetna pays today will look like Candy in the not to distant future? You're just kidding...right?-ac

Not sure if 4% will be considered great, but you know as well as I do, they're not going to pay us 10% once GI hits. Don't worry about it now though, eat, drink, be merry, buy a new boat. You've still got over 2 years.

It could be worse, a Doctor friend of my brother's 30 something, gets up walks out to his car to go to work the other day, and falls over dead. They're still not exactly sure what happened to him.

I have shifted most of my energy and resources to Group.

I still write individual but nothing like I was. At this point I might produce 3-4 policies a month. The only way to make any money in the Individual market is to produce 20-30 policies a month and do that every month.

I have had some success with the cross sale of term life but not enough to replace the loss comp on the health.

The producers that are left in the market will end up producing high numbers of policies. The lead companies will gone shortly.

they are consolidating, not going any where.

nope

Take a look at what happen to the lead generating industry with mortgages. They are almost gone all together. The individual health insurance market is going down the same path.

The biggest competition online in the near future for the individual broker with be the carriers writing direct.

All true. Get out of the individual health insurance market while you can. Disability, group health and LTC will make you money if you do it the right way. Guaranteed.

Don't mess with individual health anymore.

Disclaimer: Although I don't believe the above statement to be true, I am posting it.

WebNanny was used in this post

Back