I saw 2023 call center MA TV commercial tonight

policywunk

Guru
Doesn't seem like much has changed with new rules.I hadn't seen the MA TV ads run after 12/7 which is unusual for Florida especially since many counties have a weather SEP .This is the ad I saw tonight which I think is the most obnoxious and confusing one out there.I had a few MA customers call me this AEP and ask me why they don't have a part C card. because of this ad.

Doesn't seem like much has changed with new rules.I hadn't seen the MA TV ads run after 12/7 which is unusual for Florida especially since many counties have a weather SEP .This is the ad I saw tonight which I think is the most obnoxious and confusing one out there.I had a few MA customers call me this AEP and ask me why they don't have a part C card. because of this ad.

Covers everything on Part A and Part B. Said it more than once. If that's not a lie, what is?

Covers everything on Part A and Part B. Said it more than once. If that's not a lie, what is?

It's not a lie as far as I understand it.

MAPD plans are required to include the A&B coverages, albeit with networks and prior auth.

But if Medicare B covers a colonoscopy, MA had to as well. They can't "exclude" A&B benefits.

What makes you say it's a lie? Just curious.

I was listening to the local station in my town and heard an interview with a Medicare agency that explained the hurricane Ian sep and advertised it, totally illegal, nobody cares.

I was listening to the local station in my town and heard an interview with a Medicare agency that explained the hurricane Ian sep and advertised it, totally illegal, nobody cares.

What would be the distinctions between the advertising you mentioned above and the print ad you are proposing in another thread?

I don't think that is a lie.
2023 Medicare and You, P61 bottom under: What do Medicare Advantage Plans cover?

I am equating :

"Covers Everything on Part A and Part B"
(ad voice - ad picture is just slightly different)

with

"Medicare Advantage Plans provide all of your Part A and Part B benefits, excluding
....... (a few listed exceptions)...........(Medicare and you)

It's not a lie as far as I understand it.

MAPD plans are required to include the A&B coverages, albeit with networks and prior auth.

But if Medicare B covers a colonoscopy, MA had to as well. They can't "exclude" A&B benefits.

What makes you say it's a lie? Just curious.
They say it covers everything. That insinuates there's no copays or anything left for the beneficiary to pay.

Yes, MA covers the same items OM does....but it doesn't cover it in the same amounts.

I think this ad was the most misleading I've heard yet.

"Covers everything in Part A and Part B" sounds like 100% coverage to me. Says it twice.

Also. those ads NEVER tell about the negatives (copays, networks, etc.).

I don't think that is a lie.
2023 Medicare and You, P61 bottom under: What do Medicare Advantage Plans cover?

I am equating :

"Covers Everything on Part A and Part B"
(ad voice - ad picture is just slightly different)

with

"Medicare Advantage Plans provide all of your Part A and Part B benefits, excluding
....... (a few listed exceptions)...........(Medicare and you)
Then you should get a MAPD plan. :yes:

I haven't seen any of the ads. This would be the first one.

How would this ad with just a voice and background screens be more obnoxious and confusing than some ad with Medicare Advantage being promoted by a "personality".

Back