"I'll call you back"

That's a great post policy doc. I learned that I simply click with certain personalities quite a long time ago - hence my successful tenure in the sales field. There are certain personality types who are not gonna allow you to "close" them. They would rather choose an incorrect product then ask for any assistance. These are the same people who won't pull over for directions when they're clearly lost.

I waste little time on people who won't hold a conversation and are devoid of a sense of humor. Getting a chuckle out of people is my 2nd call litmus test. Rarely is there a 3rd call if I can't get 'em to smile on the second call.

Yeah...right. We have all heard it..."I'm in a meeting right now", or, "Yeah...I've been meaning to get back to you...can I call you right back?"

90% never do.

Has anybody found a good technique to actually get them to call you back?

How about..."Sure...but can I ask you a question first? I have had people say they will call me back, but many never do. Mostly they are trying to be nice, but are not really interested in my services. Are you interested, and is health insurance a priority for you right now?"

Heck...I don't know. Perhaps these people are not really that good a prospect anyhow...thoughts?

I like what you say, mine is like yours only with a few modifications.

I say, "I'd be more than happy to if you can give me a specific day and time that will be more convenient for you. You are interested in saving money on your Med Supp insurance aren't you? If not I will be happy to call again in 6 months."

If they pause before they answer, it usually is an indication that they probably are interested but don't what they consider the "hassle" of changing their policy.

I will then say to them at that point, "Well you can keep paying the extra $55.00 per month for the next six months or we can start your savings at the beginning of next month. Is that too soon for you to begin saving money?"

How about..."Sure...but can I ask you a question first? I have had people say they will call me back, but many never do. Mostly they are trying to be nice, but are not really interested in my services. Are you interested, and is health insurance a priority for you right now?"

I would take that approach. It's completely honest and to the point. You will find out where you stand after asking. 90% of the time, it's over, but why not ask.

Yeah...right. We have all heard it..."I'm in a meeting right now", or, "Yeah...I've been meaning to get back to you...can I call you right back?"

90% never do.

Has anybody found a good technique to actually get them to call you back?

Heck...I don't know. Perhaps these people are not really that good a prospect anyhow...thoughts?

Market and generate more and more leads and do a follow-up call in couple days if prospect does not call back. Don't waste your time on tire kickers and keep on prospecting! Tell them you have a sale on your product for a limited time and if you purchase by this certain date then you
might just qualify for a better program...

How about ok you can call me back but call and ask for Mr. Blue I will be the guy at the other end holding my breath.:idea:

Delta, nice , I do something similar. I give them the benefit of the doubt, BUT, I eventually tell them I am not interested in wasting their time or mine, do you want to discuss this or not. After that if they don't play right, shred them. I shred more and more. Once they are gone, no more hassles. Life is to short, get more prospects and move on down the road. I learned the hard way and massaged these pieces of dog dung too long. Had a friend tell me , why do you hold on to these pieces of crap, I quit doing it.

I do not agree with shreding them. If you call them back later on down the road you will have some credibility with them. They might be interested if they get a increase next year.

Some great advice here...even the ones meant to be funny!

And the only leads I've ever 'shredded' are one that have not-in-service phone numbers. Every other one I still have on file. A lead is a lead is a lead. I was calling some tonight that are 7-8 months old...will sell several policies from just tonight's few hours on the phone. No lead is a bad lead - unless they hate you or their phone number isn't working. :D

I sold a med supp today to off of a lead that is 14 months old. She said she was just getting ready to call another agent that had stopped by the month before because she is tired of paying the high premium. I did not set an appointment with her, i just stopped by on my way home. Glad I did. Glad I am not the other agent that didn't follow up. Finally I am on the other end.:)

I sold a med supp today to off of a lead that is 14 months old. She said she was just getting ready to call another agent that had stopped by the month before because she is tired of paying the high premium. I did not set an appointment with her, i just stopped by on my way home. Glad I did. Glad I am not the other agent that didn't follow up. Finally I am on the other end.:)

She must have had a fishing pond in her backyard.
:D

Latest posts

Back