"I'll call you back"

Krono

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Yeah...right. We have all heard it..."I'm in a meeting right now", or, "Yeah...I've been meaning to get back to you...can I call you right back?"

90% never do.

Has anybody found a good technique to actually get them to call you back?

How about..."Sure...but can I ask you a question first? I have had people say they will call me back, but many never do. Mostly they are trying to be nice, but are not really interested in my services. Are you interested, and is health insurance a priority for you right now?"

Heck...I don't know. Perhaps these people are not really that good a prospect anyhow...thoughts?

"Tim, I'm actually stepping out myself and we'll just be playing phone tag. Why don't you give me a time when I can call you back when you have around 10 minutes to give me."

Definitely read the signs. Is this the 1st call? Third? If it's my second or third call and the client says "Listen John, I'm busy now but I have your number and I'll just call you back" I'm done. Next prospect.

This is also when you need to stop reading the sales books that basically want you to hunt down and pester people. The completely false promise is people will say no five times before they say yes. Go ahead and make people say no four times and see if you get a yes on the 5th. Let me know how that goes.

This is also when you need to stop reading the sales books that basically want you to hunt down and pester people. The completely false promise is people will say no five times before they say yes. Go ahead and make people say no four times and see if you get a yes on the 5th. Let me know how that goes.
NO!
NO!
NO!
NO!
YES!

Obviously, you do get a "yes" on the 5th try.

Rick

"when's a better time?" Keep it short. Sometimes, people are busy, or pissed about something else entirely. Try to respect that.

I know when I get a sales call and I'm burning dinner, I don't give a rat's ass about the product they are trying to sell. Treat those like you want to be treated yourself.

As to the four no's to get a yes... They're called chargebacks and they suck. All that time to just give the money back... While you're overcoming an objection, three people who want to buy, went somewhere else. There's no-never and no-not right now try and figure which is which... you can simply ask directly.

I read this personality book years ago that stated one-third of the population is "sweet, easy-going". The rest are angry, take charge, competitive..types.

So the sweet are easy to figure out....it's hard for them to say no because they want to please.

The others, if it's worth it, send them a business card and a quick note, after you contacted them 3-4 x's.

Try not to get huffy with them, and you stay sweet and pleasant.

A-holes being born every day....try not to be one of them...LOL

Back