Im seeking advice from health agents!!

Raymond I have been selling group insurance in Ga for 14 years. If I'm understanding you correctly your lead generation program has a lot of merit. I think agents all over the country probably face the same dilema. Where and how do I get good leads. I can tell you there are still lots of group health agents in the state of Ga that still go door to door and leads are important. Most business owners expect you to come and see them. We are still a very agent driven market. Having said that, if you can bring legitimate leads to the table and convince agents to give it a try you might have a winning formula.
You mentioned you want to go national. Just be sure to get a feel for the market that you operate in. Insurance in Georgia is totally different than insurance in Florida. For example, FL has guarantee issue on individual and group, GA does not have guarantee issue on individual. So what does that mean for you? When you call a company in Florida you might be dealing with individual vs group and which is cheaper? In GA you will hardly ever see an agent convert group to individual unless he or she wants to get sued, so you probably won't have that individual vs group barrier. Then again that dynamic may not even affect your ability to genrate a good qualified lead.

A few years ago I paid $13 each for MA appointments and wrote 4 out of 5 (maybe more). Due to time constraints, I only ran about 20.

A few months later I bought 15 more and maybe sold one. Timing seems to be everything.

Would I pay $25 per appointment for qualified individual health leads? Absolutely. Would I pay $50? Maybe not so much.

I guess my way of selling is a combination of face to face and on the phone. I actually prefer to see my clients because for most people, explaining that an HSA is the best way to go is easier when I'm in front of them. However, I have sold my fair share without meeting the client.

To be relieved of the task of calling, convincing, and then setting a appointment would be terrific. I've just never seen it work for very long. But I'm always up for another try.

Rick

LOL, Rick works the way I do..hard!

If you're meeting face to face with clients than you gotta have brass cahonies! I still try and make all my appointments face to face but I won't pass up an easy phone sale. I can close with the best of them and would take a serious look into adding this into my repetoire if ROI is there.

Joseph

I know many agents who would love to work with a quality lead company. Many of the agents I work with would probably buy be intersted.
Jennifer

Wow, thanks for th vote of confidence and hope. I figured there were still some old school face to face people out htere somewhere. Luckily fo rm im not looking for a ton of them. Just a few that wan tto work some appointments. Thanks for the info on the different states rules. that helps too. So if you were in my shoes what states would you try to target for these?

Raymond I have been selling group insurance in Ga for 14 years. If I'm understanding you correctly your lead generation program has a lot of merit. I think agents all over the country probably face the same dilema. Where and how do I get good leads. I can tell you there are still lots of group health agents in the state of Ga that still go door to door and leads are important. Most business owners expect you to come and see them. We are still a very agent driven market. Having said that, if you can bring legitimate leads to the table and convince agents to give it a try you might have a winning formula.
You mentioned you want to go national. Just be sure to get a feel for the market that you operate in. Insurance in Georgia is totally different than insurance in Florida. For example, FL has guarantee issue on individual and group, GA does not have guarantee issue on individual. So what does that mean for you? When you call a company in Florida you might be dealing with individual vs group and which is cheaper? In GA you will hardly ever see an agent convert group to individual unless he or she wants to get sued, so you probably won't have that individual vs group barrier. Then again that dynamic may not even affect your ability to genrate a good qualified lead.

Re: In Florida, individual health insurance is fully underwritten.

My mistake, guess that's why I write in Ga not FL

Joe and Jen, Thanks for being positive. I know i can produce a quality product in this field, no doubt in my mind. It's just a matter of when will i feel confident enough to pull the trigger. The telemarkers are ready to go and the call center is already in place as it has been for years. I am researching to the point where I think I may be over analyzing just a bit. i know we had a good campaign before and with all that I have learned over the last few days will me the next campaigns better.

I am going to put a start dates later today for some time in Febuary. i think to start out I will look for 2-3 established members from the board (that actually meet people face to face) and give them a test campaign at cost. This way they are not taking a full risk in paying retail for the test campaign. For the small risk that they do take I will reward them with grand fathered pricing when it does infact prove to be a good product. The testers will neve pay retail prices. If my cost goes down so does theirs.

Ill be back on here later to let you all know the start date for dialing. Im really excited to get this going!

I really don't see meeting with clients as being old school. I see it as being flexible. I sign up online just like everyone else but I'm not gonna miss a $1,200 family commission because I'm unwilling to drive 15 minutes down the road.

Back