In 20 Years I've never "SOLD" a Med Supp-how is it done?

I have hundreds of clients and get referrals--but its always "I want the same plan Joe has" which is an MAPD.

I too have "hundreds" of clients but probably not as many as you have accumulated in 20 years.

But this is not about bragging rights.

MOST folks who contact me are specifically looking for Medigap. Some are indecisive and ask about the different in MA vs Medigap, so I tell them.

And MOST of those folks end up buying a Medigap plan once they understand the difference and don't want to be a sheep.

I too have "hundreds" of clients but probably not as many as you have accumulated in 20 years.

But this is not about bragging rights.

MOST folks who contact me are specifically looking for Medigap. Some are indecisive and ask about the different in MA vs Medigap, so I tell them.

And MOST of those folks end up buying a Medigap plan once they understand the difference and don't want to be a sheep.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO didnt mean that at all--I just never get referals about Med Supps--even from Med Supp clients. In fact med supp clients do not ever want to be contacted. Have never had one reply an FYI email

And my highest income clients--have MAPDs.

If I can FIND PEOPLE LOOKING FOR MED SUPP its easy sale. But never been able to find them

For you Med Supp Kings--what has worked for you?

Sorry for the interaction. I am not a "king" or a "King". Merely addressing your question.

Smoke them if you have them.

I don't know if it comes from having an actual office in town but we get call in's all the time and they mostly want Med Sups or to shop the rate on their current med sup. We probably do 4 Med Sups for every 1 Med Advantage. We have been in the same location for over a decade and do basically no leads and very little advertising except a monthly ad in a local senior shopper paper.

I only write Medigap.

Most are T65, many of those are referrals.

Also get call in from website and YT channel.

I don't "sell" Medigap but I do take orders.

Get calls all the time from folks who think they are paying too much for Medigap. I write the healthy ones and let the others alone.

Can you please expound further on your " I don't "sell" Medigap, but I do take orders" method/technique, and also, how you market to the T65 market?

Can you please expound further on your " I don't "sell" Medigap, but I do take orders" method/technique, and also, how you market to the T65 market?

I am not a salesman. Never have been. At one time I was "trained" in sales "techniques" but never felt comfortable with the rote sales pitch replete with power phrases, trial closes, etc.

I found my voice in a manner by engaging folks in dialogue. Ask questions, listen, take notes and respond.

If you ask the right questions your prospect will tell you EXACTLY what they want. If it is available I quote a price and usually take the order. Never did I ask them to buy.

If what they want is not available (anywhere, not just from me) I have no problem letting them know that no such thing exists, and then ask if they would like to learn about the next closest thing.

My closing ratio is in the upper 90's which many people choose not to believe but I do what works for me.

Folks love to buy but they hate to be sold.

Most of my sales, T65 and other, come from referrals. But I also get 30% or so from folks who find me on the web. My website doesn't generate as much traffic as it once did but I am reworking it in hopes of turning it around. Most of the non-referral folks find me via YouTube and SM sites.

I also guest post on a blog and participate in consumer forums.

It's a mistake to put a high income or high net worth person into an MA plan IMO. When the time comes, they will expect open choice of da best healthcare USA has to offer.

I have 600 med supp clients over course 8 yrs. Zero MA. Zero dollars spent in marketing, zero outbound sales calls.

All have come from my current under age 65 ACA book, referrals of other high income friends, and from other agents who dont sell med supps or under age 65.

I have an average of 8 clients turning 65 each month. I've built my own supp pipeline for years to come. Clients......remain clients.
Never come across any agent competition and buy what I recommend.

Oh, and my website generates zero leads.

It's a mistake to put a high income or high net worth person into an MA plan IMO. When the time comes, they will expect open choice of da best healthcare USA has to offer.

I have 600 med supp clients over course 8 yrs. Zero MA. Zero dollars spent in marketing, zero outbound sales calls.

All have come from my current under age 65 ACA book, referrals of other high income friends, and from other agents who dont sell med supps or under age 65.

I have an average of 8 clients turning 65 each month. I've built my own supp pipeline for years to come. Clients......remain clients.
Never come across any agent competition and buy what I recommend.

Oh, and my website generates zero leads.

I have both MA and Med Supplement..couldn't disagree with you more with your narrow specfic approach..without giving your clients an option you are doing them a disservice...

Back