In the Insurance Business who are you actually working for???

That is going to depend on whether your upline is direct to the carrier or goes through another upline. That will also vary by carrier and it will also depend on product (MYGA, SPIA, FIA, etc.).

Unless you're captive or work for an agency providing leads, you'll at least want to be at street with your annuities. If you have consistent or higher production, you can likely get above that.

So I'm still pretty green to insurance. Ive only be in the industry for a little over a year. Here's what I know about my current agency/upline, all my contracting went through another company (I'm guessing my agencies upline). The people that own my agency said that they do things differently compared to the rest of the industry. They put me direct to all the carriers at some high commission level, maybe the highest. I don't know. I know that compared to my previous upline my commissions went up double if not more. Example my life went from 45% to 95-100%, my annuities went from 2-2.5% to 4-7%. I believe Medicare is the same because they cant mess with that by law.

So what is my agency considered? And please forgive me, I'm still learning all these 3-4 letter abbreviations.

I understand I have to write a certain amount of business before I can get those levels and start my own agency, what are those levels on average? Is this required by every carrier? Can I go direct to them instead of through this upline company they use?

Back