In the Insurance Business who are you actually working for???

Your life commissions are still very low if you are talking about FE. And there is no law about paying agents lower commission on Medicare Advantage. Only rules about the max that can be paid. And some agencies take some or all of your Medicare renewals. You have to be aware of those things before you sign up with any Upline.

95%-100% commission on life is low??? Not sure what you mean by FE....

As far as Medicare that's what I was told but I guess that was a lie too... I know I have all my renewals now because I'm direct with the carriers. Prior they kept all my business which I'm slowly converting over.

Is there anyway to locate the max on Medicare pay outs??

As far as Medicare that's what I was told but I guess that was a lie too... I know I have all my renewals now because I'm direct with the carriers. Prior they kept all my business which I'm slowly converting over.

FE means final expense. Small-face whole life used for burial, legacy, etc. 95-100% is fine for most traditional life, but FE policies can pay 110-125% at street.

You are PAID direct by the carriers. But you are still under an IMO/FMO which is not a bad thing but you have to be aware that some IMO’s will pay less than others.

What you always have to do is look around at several reputable ones and compare what each of them gives out to new agents. Most of the good ones are going to be comparable on commissions for Final Expense Life as what you see right on the FexContracting website. Some could be higher or lower but it’s a great measuring stick to start with. Do your research. Then sigh up. Not the other way around.

Getting Started with FE Sales

Because most of these regs are billsh$t. SPIAs arguably pay some of the lowest comp in the industry and yet everyone extols their virtues. Practically, they have a lifetime surrender.

An FIA with a 10-year surrender and similar income is evil though because you make 2x the comp and the client has upside and flexibility.

Don't kill the messenger.

So true, I think about this anytime I have the "annuity discussion" with one of my clients. There are some unique cases where a spia fills a need, but usually not worth it.

Last edited:
Back