Insurance Company Mistakenly Issued Me a Check 18 Months Ago

Fractalboi

They sent it to me with no instructions when it should have gone straight to the company who repaired my vehicle.

I cashed it 12 months ago and haven't heard anything about it until this week.

What should I do and what can they do?

They sent it to me with no instructions when it should have gone straight to the company who repaired my vehicle.

I cashed it 12 months ago and haven't heard anything about it until this week.

What should I do and what can they do?

Send the money to me. I'll take care of everything.

Rick

You posted that they contacted you. What did they want?

Rick

Just a WAG, they realized they paid both him and the shop and would like him to return the payment to him that was made in error. The first letter was nice, the second won't be.

Again, just a WAG. :biggrin:

You posted that they contacted you. What did they want?

Rick

The first thing I got was a call from the company that did the repairs. They wanted me to pay them directly. I said sure, let's work it out. They asked for my email and said they were going to send me some instructions and contact info. That never happened.

Next I get a letter from my insurance company telling get me when I cashed the cheque. Again no instructions or details.

Today I get a letter threatening legal action in ten days if I don't call them. The letter was dated March 10 and it's the 19th today. I call the number on the letter and the claims person handling this is away until the 26th.

----------

Just a WAG, they realized they paid both him and the shop and would like him to return the payment to him that was made in error. The first letter was nice, the second won't be.

Again, just a WAG. :biggrin:

What is a WAG?......

The first thing I got was a call from the company that did the repairs. They wanted me to pay them directly. I said sure, let's work it out. They asked for my email and said they were going to send me some instructions and contact info. That never happened.

Next I get a letter from my insurance company telling get me when I cashed the cheque. Again no instructions or details.

Today I get a letter threatening legal action in ten days if I don't call them. The letter was dated March 10 and it's the 19th today. I call the number on the letter and the claims person handling this is away until the 26th.

----------

What is a WAG?......

Wild Assed Guess. Sounds like I was pretty close too, except they didn't send out a nice letter first.

I would call until I got someone and document that I called.

Back