Insurance Leads - My Personal Review

soonersublime

I am a captive agent. I have been working Internet Leads for only a year but pretty much depend on them for 60% of my business.

I purchase 25-40 leads per day for myself and my staff. This is my personal opinion on all the lead companies I have dealt with so far.

NetQuote - Honestly probably some of the better leads but the cost is WAY to high and the credit policy is terrible. Even after they lifted the credit cap the leads took a step down.

Quote Wizard - Lead quality is so so at best but they deliver on price and the credit policy is second to no one.

ILeads - RUN!!!!!!!!!!!! that's all I can say. TERRIBLE leads.

Hometown Quotes - Awesome customer support. Leads seem to be of decent quality but few and far between. Credit policy is excellent but the sheer lack of leads is what brings them down. Bob I would be back in a minute if you could find a way to send me at least 20 leads per day rather then 1 or 2.

AllWebLeads - Price is good, leads are ok, but credit policy even without a cap is terrible. They denied over 70% of legit credit request from me. Tons of leads though. If they got their credit policy fixed I would be all over them.

All in all I have to say that I despise internet leads but I just don't see any other direction to go this day and age. I have played with PPC on google and facebook with some results and am slowly building that pipeline back up.

Good luck everyone

What product line do you buy?

I haven't bought internet leads for years, but I liked 4freequotes when I did buy leads.

I buy mostly auto and the few home quotes that are available.

We stay pretty busy with them. We are using a CRM to keep track of conversion rates etc...

We are getting enough x-dates from them that we won't have to buy as many or can hire people just to handle the x-dates. I am not a big fan of them and have ideas on how to get away from them a little in the near future. I have dabbled a little already but my agency is still in the budding stages so it's tough to take big chances on things right now.

I am a captive agent. I have been working Internet Leads for only a year but pretty much depend on them for 60% of my business.

Hometown Quotes - Awesome customer support. Leads seem to be of decent quality but few and far between. Credit policy is excellent but the sheer lack of leads is what brings them down. Bob I would be back in a minute if you could find a way to send me at least 20 leads per day rather then 1 or 2.

Good luck everyone

Thank you for the compliment but I have one question. I understand you want more volume but if the 1-2 leads/day are good, why quit buying?

You aren't the first to tell us this but we are easy to deal with. We notify you before re-billing you, credit policy is excellent too. So why turn off a lead source just because you want more Quantity?

Thank you for your business and answer.

How many states are you doing business in? A simple solution to consistent leads is to add more states. We have agents that want to buy 10 leads a day in South Dakota and my response to them is there are not even 10 people in South Dakota looking for insurance each day!

I can't stand buying online leads because they sell the same lead to 10 different agents. The fight to being the first to the door sucks.

Back