Is Anyone Familiar with Federal Financial Group??

All this for a first post. Sounds fishy to me. Someone looking to save face?

Anyone reading this thread: you've been warned. Run, don't walk away. And im not charging you 300 bucks for this info.

I've been contracted with FFG for a year and a half. As I sit here typing this my phone is alerting me to text messages of appointments set for me. Over the last 2 days 8 appointments have been set for me, most of them with business owners. Today in fact I closed an IUL sale. $16,500 in target premium. Yes, we do have telemarketers. They are not robo calls but live marketers working and setting appointments for me while I spend time with family or when I'm having a beer at the pub. Yes, we are paid a low commission by industry standards but I stay productive with appointments. What good does a 100% commission contract do if you can't fill the hopper with clients?
Someone posted that an agent was offered a management position but it never happened; That's because the agent didn't meet minimum standards to qualify for management. As agents we are all encouraged to move toward management and secure our own regions and areas. This is why FFG is one of the fastest growing IMOs in the business; I mean, really; how many IMOs are growing by 30% per year? This is because of a refined system that an agent can plug into...yes; we have scripts and it's more like 12 pages, not 7 as smomeone stated above; So what? FFG has become the number one IUL seller in the nation because of this script; No other IMO even comes close..And am I the only one alarmed by the bigoted post above referring to our ownership as Mormons as if there's something wrong with that? Really? I've met and talked with the CEO as well as many of the top managers in the company. Without exception they are the nicest, most gracious people who love their agents and who believe in our mission to help folks towards financial security. It has been said that agents have to split their commissions with management. Yes. That's right until you learn the scripts. While you are learning the scripts at least you have the opportunity to be productive and put cash in your pocket. One of our brand new agents went out with our manager and sold an IUL case last week; $24,000 a year in target premium; Do you think he's whining about having to split his commission with the manager? Most agents can learn the opening script in 3 weeks. That qualifies them to get appointments and "open" cases. until they learn the closing script they will still need to split commissions with a closer. But realistically an agent can learn both scripts and be out there opening and closing cases, getting full commission, within 2 or 3 months of starting.....So obviously I'm biased towards FFG and felt compelled to write this to counter the TONS of misinformation out there. If someone is trying to recruit you to FFG, hear them out, keep an open mind, contact your local manager to see if you can do some ridealongs (they should be happy to have you along) to really get a feel for our process, then make your own mind up. Note; the $300 recruitment fee is refunded if you meet easy production standards.

That's right until you learn the scripts. Most agents can learn the opening script in 3 weeks. That qualifies them to get appointments and "open" cases. until they learn the closing script they will still need to split commissions with a closer. But realistically an agent can learn both scripts and be out there opening and closing cases, getting full commission, within 2 or 3 months of starting.....

2-3 months!!! That's a long time. And, the script was 24 pages for the 1st appt and 28 pages for the 2nd appt, both of which had to be videotaped and sent to the home office for approval.

The script, by the way, is lousy. Agents are talking heads. Very little interaction with the prospect. Most modern selling scripts teach agents to ask a question, then shut up and let the prospect talk and talk. FFG script does not do this.

I've heard from two former producers bait and switch, pitching IUL, I saw a 7 page garbage script. I didn't know about the $300 contracting I'm sure mrrandywatson is correct he is right on, on the other stuff. They take half the street level comissions. Usually send the new agents out to open the door on there incentive leads, time share etc. Then they get you to split half your comissions with a more seasoned closing agent.

One of the agents was lured with the promise of managing his own branch it never happened. Google federal financial group use the terms review, scam, rip off and see what comes up. I bet it isn't good.

Yes, you will see negatives on the Ripoff report; But one of the parties flinging the most vile has recanted his lies in a recent post. Baseless lies aired about a company on the internet can get you sued.

And am I the only one alarmed by the bigoted post above referring to our ownership as Mormons as if there's something wrong with that? Really? I've met and talked with the CEO as well as many of the top managers in the company. Without exception they are the nicest, most gracious people who love their agents and who believe in our mission to help folks towards financial security.

Oh no, are you alarmed? Oh geez, breaks my heart.

Yeah, I stand by it. There's something horribly, dreadfully wrong with Mormons. Mormonism, let us not forget, is a religious cult--one of the more outlandish ones to take hold in modern history.

Hooray, they don't drink caffeine (or at least, they didn't, until the church bought a whole assload of Coca Cola stock; nowadays it's the hot beverage caffeine that's sinful, though iced caffeinated beverages are now magically, mystically kosher), that doesn't make them less insular or less deluded.

I would use the leadership's religious proclivities as an absolute reason not to work with them, mainly because it's indicative of "the club" in which you yourself must be a part if you have any organizational leadership aspirations. And I'm sure as **** not turning Mormon.

Plus, I don't trust a teetotaler.

Or a bigamist.

But all this is secondary--and frankly academic--to the bigger dealbreaking problems with ffg: 1.) paying an IMO three hundred American dollars to get contracted; 2.) paying someone 50 or 60 points to prospect for you; 3.) the way agents are taught to illustrate the IUL.

But congrats on your gig. We're all real happy you registered a username for this post.

lol, is this serious?
People actually PAY in order to give the IMO business?
That's about the silliest thing I've heard this week.
:1confused:
It may seem silly but some IMOs charge you more than that per month for the pleasure of doing business with them. It's because they offer exceptional resources to their agents. Plus, if you pay $300 and get it refunded after churning minimal production, what are you out?

Oh no, are you alarmed? Oh geez, breaks my heart.

Yeah, I stand by it. There's something horribly, dreadfully wrong with Mormons. Mormonism, let us not forget, is a religious cult--one of the more outlandish ones to take hold in modern history.

Hooray, they don't drink caffeine (or at least, they didn't, until the church bought a whole assload of Coca Cola stock; nowadays it's the hot beverage caffeine that's sinful, though iced caffeinated beverages are now magically, mystically kosher), that doesn't make them less insular or less deluded.

I would use the leadership's religious proclivities as an absolute reason not to work with them, mainly because it's indicative of "the club" in which you yourself must be a part if you have any organizational leadership aspirations. And I'm sure as **** not turning Mormon.

Plus, I don't trust a teetotaler.

Or a bigamist.

But all this is secondary--and frankly academic--to the bigger dealbreaking problems with ffg: 1.) paying an IMO three hundred American dollars to get contracted; 2.) paying someone 50 or 60 points to prospect for you; 3.) the way agents are taught to illustrate the IUL.

But congrats on your gig. We're all real happy you registered a username for this post.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information...you don't need to be a Mormon to be considered for management; in fact most managers are not Mormons; all are promoted from within on the basis of merit alone. As for not trusting teatotalers, I'm kind of with you on that...LOL
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2-3 months!!! That's a long time. And, the script was 24 pages for the 1st appt and 28 pages for the 2nd appt, both of which had to be videotaped and sent to the home office for approval.

The script, by the way, is lousy. Agents are talking heads. Very little interaction with the prospect. Most modern selling scripts teach agents to ask a question, then shut up and let the prospect talk and talk. FFG script does not do this.

Hmmm; not sure where you're getting your information. 12 pages for the first script and 12 for the second. It's ALL about interaction with the client and yes, asking questions. And if the script is so lousy, why does FFG sell more IUL than any othe IMO (by far; it's not even close)? I can assure you it's not due to our hypnotic persuasion talents. It's becoming increasingly evident that my attempt to clear up misconceptions simply paints me as a target...the original question that began this thread was "Is anyone familiar with FFG?" Yes, I am and I thought the poster would appreciate someone with firsthand knowledge chiming in because mostly what I see are people with second hand knowledge spewing inaccuracies.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you're getting your information...you don't need to be a Mormon to be considered for management; in fact most managers are not Mormons; all are promoted from within on the basis of merit alone. As for not trusting teatotalers, I'm kind of with you on that...LOL
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hmmm; not sure where you're getting your information. 12 pages for the first script and 12 for the second. It's ALL about interaction with the client and yes, asking questions. And if the script is so lousy, why does FFG sell more IUL than any othe IMO (by far; it's not even close)? I can assure you it's not due to our hypnotic persuasion talents. It's becoming increasingly evident that my attempt to clear up misconceptions simply paints me as a target...the original question that began this thread was "Is anyone familiar with FFG?" Yes, I am and I thought the poster would appreciate someone with firsthand knowledge chiming in because mostly what I see are people with second hand knowledge spewing inaccuracies.

#1 No one gives a crap man. Most everyone on here are very successful life agents and they do their own marketing. Plus, pretty much everyone is also independent and don't like company agendas. I'm sure it's nice to have marketers, but it still fails compared to running your own business.

#2 most people don't like Mormons

#3 I heard Bankers Life & Casualty has marketers. They are **** and everyone knows it. And even they don't charge $300...

Back