Is Anyone Familiar with Federal Financial Group??

2-3 months!!! That's a long time. And, the script was 24 pages for the 1st appt and 28 pages for the 2nd appt, both of which had to be videotaped and sent to the home office for approval.

The script, by the way, is lousy. Agents are talking heads. Very little interaction with the prospect. Most modern selling scripts teach agents to ask a question, then shut up and let the prospect talk and talk. FFG script does not do this.

Hmmm; where are you getting your information? 12 pages for the first script and 12 for the second. It's ALL about interaction with the client and yes, asking questions. And if the script is so lousy, why does FFG sell more IUL than any othe IMO (by far; it's not even close)? I can assure you it's not due to our hypnotic persuasion talents. It's becoming increasingly evident that my attempt to clear up misconceptions simply paints me as a target...the original question that began this thread was "Is anyone familiar with FFG?" Yes, I am and I thought the poster would appreciate someone with firsthand knowledge chiming in because mostly what I see are people with second hand knowledge spewing inaccuracies.

Hmmm; where are you getting your information? 12 pages for the first script and 12 for the second. It's ALL about interaction with the client and yes, asking questions. And if the script is so lousy, why does FFG sell more IUL than any othe IMO (by far; it's not even close)? I can assure you it's not due to our hypnotic persuasion talents. It's becoming increasingly evident that my attempt to clear up misconceptions simply paints me as a target...the original question that began this thread was "Is anyone familiar with FFG?" Yes, I am and I thought the poster would appreciate someone with firsthand knowledge chiming in because mostly what I see are people with second hand knowledge spewing inaccuracies.

I see your point. Everyone! Close your doors and join FFG. Stupid conversation over.

I have had interaction with FFG, it was with thier independent division. Yes there was a $287 fee I believe it goes to pay the recruiter, I paid it because it only required a small amount of production to get it refunded. I can not speak on the script I hear people had to memorize it and videotape the script in the ID division there was no script and no preset appointments you booked your own appointments off of your existing book of business and I did have a manager fly out and run some appointments with me to show me thier approach.

It is not magical but is a little different then what I have seen before. Commissions large ones at that exist. I decided to end my relationship over thier illustration tactics which I prefer not to get into here it was a personal opion of what I was willing to do or not do in order to sell life insurance.

I mark FFG up thier with my experiences with Bankers, NYL and a semi captive relationship in the 403b market and that is I learned something during my association and for me that's the name of the game.

I also question the #1 selling IMO of IUL, I know they were big with AVIVA but that is only part of the ball game.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information...you don't need to be a Mormon to be considered for management; in fact most managers are not Mormons; all are promoted from within on the basis of merit alone. As for not trusting teatotalers, I'm kind of with you on that.

I'm obviously not saying there is a specific or written mandate to be Mormon to be advanced.

The ancient rule in business and climbing the ladder is to first determine what shared characteristic, experience and/or "club" the people whose job you desire possess...and then you yourself gain that characteristic.

Usually it's fairly obvious in most organizations--all the regional managers are CLUs, or perhaps all the VPs were top flight recruiters, or maybe all the executives have MBAs and came from a background in direct sales--or whatever.

Well, what does ffg inner leadership have in common? Hint: there's a reason their HQ is in Utah.

Last edited:
Y'all saved me some time! I was about to listen in on a webinar this upcoming afternoon! After reading about churning up $300 of which I don't yet have considering that is why I am looking for work, I am glad I read your posts! Thanks for rescuing a damsel in distress!

if an imo pushes an iul then they are going to sell what they push. why are you so impressed with this? most iuls tank and there will be many pissed off folks, law suits, and bad reputations for the agent and company

I've been in the industry a few years and have built a fairly decent book of business around the senior health market. Early 2013 I was looking to diversify my business and needed help with marketing new leads. I've maintained a 100% client retention for the past several years and close over 80% of the business that's in front of me. I was prospected by an FFG recruiter named Scott Fischer (SP) who portrayed the company as being able to meet my businesses needs and more. Being familiar with how the industry works and more than aware of the vast amounts of greed and dishonesty that drive many of the people involved in it, I did my homework. The company seemed legit, there seemed to be an equal amount of positive and negative feedback that attributed to new agents not willing to work, nor take responsibility. So, I returned Scotts phone call and asked him specifically. The CSR setting these appointment are qualifying these appointments financially? Yes, he say. These people know they are sitting with an insurance agent? Yes, he says. These people have expressed an interest in investing in life insurance as a financial vehicle? Yes, he says.
I was told I would be able to earn as I learned.

Upon coming on board with FFG I learned that none of these things were true. After three weeks (34 hours) of mandatory classroom training (no field training offered) for which I was not compensated I was issued 20 " Qualified "leads. By qualified, I mean people who could not understand the accent of the CSR thus no idea what was transpiring, had no income, recent bankruptcy or tax issues, and declinable health issues.
The RGA for this area informed me that he had a territory of three states but only 3 writing agents.
I discovered that the prospects were not being informed of an insurance products but rather a series of gift incentives, paid hotel, but not paid tax or transportation costs and must sit through a time share presentation.
Approximately half of the training time was taking up with the RGA trying to promote the cool trader pro program for me to purchase and present to clients over the EIUL products. ( btw would've enriched him significantly)
Additionally my first clues something was amiss came during the first weeks of training as my girlfriend who manages a law firm that deals with trusts and estates was repeatedly contacted. As well several of the initial appointments I received were actual friends of mine who verified what my girlfriend had told me. FFG is trying to force these appointments and not clarify what the intention is. ( This isn't revealed by the company until the 2nd hour of their orientation video you'll have access to after paying them $287.

If you read through the comments from business owners who have been contacted you'll get a good idea of what challenges face you as an FFG agent while attempting to establish trust with your clients concerning their financial matters. You have an uphill battle ahead of you. The bright side however is they do have some profit sharing model in place for managers when/ if the company sells for the $60m target, though I have no doubt someone will get screwed out of this deal as well.

My advice, stay away. The presentation is not unique to the industry and the leads are certainly not worth the lower commission rates nor the exceptionally high appointment fees.

Ill close with a few comments from the book "From Zero to Hero" by Brett Olson (of FFG) which in my estimation comes very close to plagiarism as it contains no new or profound wisdom as it seeks to merely compile a variety of other business tips while promoting itself as groundbreaking and innovative. I find these quotes perfectly encapsulate what FFG is all about.
"I must become an actor and get on stage and perform my presentation. Otherwise Im not going to be able to sell anyone anything" pg34
" You must fake it to make it"

"Im having a moment like that, there is a secret that usually works for me. Ill find a mirror, make the most excited face I can, and say over and over again to myself, I AM Excited!" pg 40

Perhaps it is this last quote that explains how the founders of this organization have convinced themselves that principals of deceit and greed will favor themselves in their vision of heaven or perhaps its how they convinced themselves that Moroni is more than the Greek root for moron while straying from the linguistic examples of Hebrew language and meaning. IE Michael (like God" Gabriel (Hero/Champion of God)

Regardless I'm done with this organization and considering raising some additional irregularities I've found with our states insurance and trade commission.

These guys are local to me and post on craigslist every day looking for recruiters. They claim 60k for these guys which just goes to show how else their business model works. As with everything else in life, if it sounds too good to be true it almost always is.

It may seem silly but some IMOs charge you more than that per month for the pleasure of doing business with them. It's because they offer exceptional resources to their agents. Plus, if you pay $300 and get it refunded after churning minimal production, what are you out?

Molly,
I would like you to point out these IMO's that charge more than $300/ month. Also you mentioned a lawsuit in a previous post, are you issuing a threat against people who are speaking out against FFG and it tactics? If so I would like to remind you of the arbitration clause in your contract and consider potential misrepresentation, contract breach, state compliance issues, state Labor/ Industry requirements for mandatory training to name a few. Because were most definitely considering how worthwhile it is to pursue.
Best regards

Last edited:
Molly,
I would like you to point out these IMO's that charge more than $300/ month. Also you mentioned a lawsuit in a previous post, are you issuing a threat against people who are speaking out against FFG and it tactics? If so I would like to remind you of the arbitration clause in your contract and consider potential misrepresentation, contract breach, state compliance issues, state Labor/ Industry requirements for mandatory training to name a few. Because were most definitely considering how worthwhile it is to pursue.
Best regards

As it turns out, truth is an absolute defense against libel.

Don't do shady sheit, and you won't have to worry about people airing out your laundry.

Latest posts

Back