Just how High Can Contracts Go??

O brother. "Fortunate"? To use a quote from my father, "you can crap in one hand and be fortunate in the other and see which one fills up faster". Most people hate this but, every agent gets the contract they deserve. If you are not ambitious or CURIOUS enough to find out what you could get, you get what you deserve. It's not anyone else's fault but your own. Fortunate? Fortune smiles on the bold. :yes:

I disagree. What JD posted just after your reply illustrates my point. People can do lots of research and, like Newby says, think they're getting street when they're not. Or think they're getting something else that makes it a good deal when that's not the case at all.

Last edited:
Lots of people get their groceries at a convenience store, too. That doesn't make it Piggly Wiggly's fault. That's my only point.:D

Guys, I think Newby makes a valid point, but my point is that there can be other circumstances that may prohibit it. It would be great if it were as easy as Newby says, but it's not. I would love to be able to do it, but I would want to do it without stepping on my agency's toes. I have to weigh the good with the bad.

The whole thing is that not all IMO's operate the same and not all Agencies operate the same. Therefore, it's hard to do one thing that accommodates all.

IMOs are free to do whatever they want. Post your levels or don't. My point is as an agent NOT an IMO I can only control what an agent can control. Dig deep and find out the best contract I can get. If I'm only willing OR ABLE to find myself a 70% contract, that's the best I deserve. If I'm clever or curious enough one day, maybe I go get myself a raise?

Guys, I think Newby makes a valid point, but my point is that there can be other circumstances that may prohibit it. It would be great if it were as easy as Newby says, but it's not. I would love to be able to do it, but I would want to do it without stepping on my agency's toes. I have to weigh the good with the bad.

The whole thing is that not all IMO's operate the same and not all Agencies operate the same. Therefore, it's hard to do one thing that accommodates all.

Todd with all due respect if that is how you feel you should refuse to contract agents direct.

This practice is one thing I really dislike. is The condoned and thinly veiled, industrial hoodwinking, that is perpetuated by the narrative of protectecting a MGA at the expensive of the writing agent.

I would NOT trade my credibility with writing agents to protect the income of know nothing MGA's income source.

Any recruiting organization that does not publicly disclose starting contract levels, uses this leverage for the sole purpose of keeping the agent ignorant. The agent's ignorance is what is good for the recruiter, not for the agent... otherwise they would disclose it.

There is not 1 way that hiding the contract levels from agents is beneficial to the agent.

If you are an agent and choose to negotiate and do business with organizations that conceal starting agent contract levels you are likely on your way to a very costly learning experience.

Travis

Last edited:
Todd with all due respect if that is how you feel you should refuse to contract agents direct.

This practice is one thing I really dislike. is The condoned and thinly veiled, industrial hoodwinking, that is perpetuated by the narrative of protectecting a MGA at the expensive of the writing agent.

I would NOT trade my credibility with writing agents to protect the income of know nothing MGA's income source.

Any recruiting organization that does not publicly disclose starting contract levels, uses this leverage for the sole purpose of keeping the agent ignorant. The agent's ignorance is what is good for the recruiter, not for the agent... otherwise they would disclose it.

There is not 1 way that hiding the contract levels from agents is beneficial to the agent.

If you are an agent and choose to negotiate and do business with organizations that conceal starting agent contract levels you are likely on your way to a very costly learning experience.

Travis

Todd isn't saying that he hides his starting levels I'm sure if I were to go through my emails a have a copy of them since he is one of the imos I looked at contracting with as well as fex before I settled on Efes since they had the ability to help with telesales. Todd is saying that if an agent that he knows is contracted with one of the agencies under him he will not try to steal that agent by advertising a possibly hire contract that the original agency under him did not have as a service to the agency that is providing that agent training and or other resources.

Todd isn't saying that he hides his starting levels I'm sure if I were to go through my emails a have a copy of them since he is one of the imos I looked at contracting with as well as fex before I settled on Efes since they had the ability to help with telesales. Todd is saying that if an agent that he knows is contracted with one of the agencies under him he will not try to steal that agent by advertising a possibly hire contract that the original agency under him did not have as a service to the agency that is providing that agent training and or other resources.

Ditto. I ask if he has company X and he sends me what he can do if he does. I have been doing this as an Independent non-Captive agent for a long time. I pick who I contract with based on my wants not what someone else thinks I need.

Many ways to do what we do.

hm probably King Todd doesn't want to risk the possibility of involuntarily stealing one of his agency's agents by publicly displaying his sky high levels when contracting directly. Smaller mom & pop operations probably don't have these conditions to consider.

I've had contracts with Todd King in the past and he's a nice honest guy. He's the only one of the 4 main imo's on here(Efes,360,FEX ) who doesn't offer a fixed cost lead program for the Fe guy. He's got no skin in the game because he doesn't want the hassle and potential financial liability . He basically just offers raw contracts to the Fe guy. Todd why would any serious Fe guy contract with you over the others?To be a serious Fe imo you need to offer fixed cost leads.

Doesnt National Underwriting Services and FEXContracting (same company), have agencies under them, with agents that dont know they are contracted through FEX and who are under multiple layers of hierarchy and have lower commissions than posted on FEX's site?

Newby has already admitted to that. So, whats the difference?

Primerica and Equias both publicly post their commissions. Does that make them a better option than any IMO who doesnt post commissions? Does that make them more honest?

In my opinion, publicly posting commissions is very good thing, and should be encouraged. But not publicly posting commissions doesn't make you dishonest. Thats "FOS marketer talk", as someone would put it here (but never to a FEX marketer).

As Ive stated before. Posting commissions publicly or not, its all smoke and mirrors. By simply committing to a production level, and knowing the right contact, you can get above street with any carrier. The carriers just dont like IMOs competing against eachother over commissions because the IMO dont like it. Thats the only reason its regulated. Insurance carriers dont care, for the most part, what agents are paid.

Latest posts

Back