Lack of knowledge, confidence deter women from purchasing life insurance

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Lack of knowledge, confidence deter women from purchasing life insurance
bigstock-Family-Life-Insurance-Family-439077788.jpg

Over the past five years, the life insurance ownership rate for U.S. women has dropped 10 points to 47% according to LIMRA.
Continue reading the Original Article.

It's such a great market, though.

If a woman needs life insurance, she typically buys more, pays less, and is more honest with her health.

My favorite cases involve a woman buying from me first and then asking me to get her husband coverage as well. Without her, he won't do anything but I will almost guarantee that if she brings it up, it will get done.

I'm in an office full of women. They "wo-mansplain" stuff to me all the time.

Maybe the women need someone to "wo-mansplain" to them?

katie-nolan-think-about-it.gif
I'm in an office full of women. They "wo-mansplain" stuff to me all the time.

Maybe the women need someone to "wo-mansplain" to them?

katie-nolan-think-about-it.gif

But the scientific article clearly says they have no knowledge or confidence, so how can that be?

It's such a great market, though.

If a woman needs life insurance, she typically buys more, pays less, and is more honest with her health.

My favorite cases involve a woman buying from me first and then asking me to get her husband coverage as well. Without her, he won't do anything but I will almost guarantee that if she brings it up, it will get done.

Ditto. If a husband says he needs insurance for him and the wife... its a 50/50 shot he will get it in the next 3 months. If a wife says she needs insurance for her and the husband... 95% chance its happening in the next 30 days.

First, I would say that I sale to women almost 2 to 1 and perhaps at times even much higher.

Second, I believe that it's the job of the agent to lead the prospect to the confidence they need to purchase.

Third, the emotional component of this product immediately lends itself to the feminine mind set. They don't call them mama bears for nothing.

Most women ALLOW their husbands to think they make the decisions in the house. :biggrin: However; you'll find in the field that most women are responsible for doing the bills. :yes:

My dad used to say, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

First, I would say that I sale to women almost 2 to 1 and perhaps at times even much higher.

Second, I believe that it's the job of the agent to lead the prospect to the confidence they need to purchase.

Third, the emotional component of this product immediately lends itself to the feminine mind set. They don't call them mama bears for nothing.

Most women ALLOW their husbands to think they make the decisions in the house. :biggrin: However; you'll find in the field that most women are responsible for doing the bills. :yes:

My dad used to say, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Sorry to do this, but in 2022 terms, you have committed dozens of potential crimes against humanity & even potential hate crimes.

1st paragraph--admitting to taking advantage of women consumers

2nd paragraph, you are leading vulnerable female consumers to a purchase.

3rd paragraph you say they are emotional. You stereotype their mindset. You characterize them as the equivalent of large hairy smelly creatures that sleep half the year.

4th paragraph you imply the woman in the house do nothing but make the bill payments

5th paragraph you imply women should be barefoot & pregnant taking care of babies.

Unwritten but implied paragraph you implied the other 3-20 gender fluid people's are not a target market of yours

In your defense, at least you didnt call them broads or his old lady

:D:D

Sorry to do this, but in 2022 terms, you have committed dozens of potential crimes against humanity & even potential hate crimes.

1st paragraph--admitting to taking advantage of women consumers

2nd paragraph, you are leading vulnerable female consumers to a purchase.

3rd paragraph you say they are emotional. You stereotype their mindset. You characterize them as the equivalent of large hairy smelly creatures that sleep half the year.

4th paragraph you imply the woman in the house do nothing but make the bill payments

5th paragraph you imply women should be barefoot & pregnant taking care of babies.

Unwritten but implied paragraph you implied the other 3-20 gender fluid people's are not a target market of yours

In your defense, at least you didnt call them broads or his old lady

:D:D

We all now know that gender is just a social construct, so this whole thread is irrelevant anyhow. :wacko:

Back