Med Sup Sale Over the Phone

Some companies will allow the first payment via CC, but the renewal payments must be bank draft.

Something that may help if money is tight, most companies will allow you to draft upon approval or upon effective date. (Mutual of Omaha is not one of these companies, they charge upon approval but they do allow cc for first payment in most states)

I agree with Todd, most Kenya understand that CC expire.

Bob

What's Obama's country of birth got to do with it?

I know the original question was about selling MedSup over the phone, just a quick comment about selling MA over the phone. This will be my 3rd year selling MA over the phone. First year with UHC, last year with my own agency, and this year we are doubling in size. Compliance is key. Usually you can get the guideline from the carrier(s). It's difficult as a single agent because if selling MA over the phone you still have to record all calls, etc. Can be expensive.

This year we are adding selling MedSup over the phone. Don't know what issues will come up, but I'll certainly document issues as they arise for the community. Good luck selling MedSup via phone. Selling MA by phone is the only thing I do now. Time=Money, More Time=More Money!

My agency has been offering both via phone for the past two years. If you are having success with MA, you will have an easy time with medigap.

Bob

Medigap is getting much easier to sell over the phone with many companies. United Healthcare is a clear about not cold calling prospects on Medigap. Keep in mind, "belly to belly" agents often just won't understand or agree with phone sales. That's ok, both work and each of us have our own way of doing business. We are here to learn from each other.

As far as MA, concerning United Healthcare and Humana, selling over the phone by an agent (who is NOT an authorized call center with scripts, recordings, etc.) is NOT compliant. This is off subject from original post, so I'll keep it short. I did extensive work on obtaining the "final answer" from both companies. I once worked internally at UHC, so I was familiar with their compliance and knew they wouldn't budge. You can contact me if you want to know more about this. Lastly, always do the right thing for your client.

As far as MA, concerning United Healthcare and Humana, selling over the phone by an agent (who is NOT an authorized call center with scripts, recordings, etc.) is NOT compliant.

I do almost exclusively F2F med supp paired with PDP or MAPD, always scoped pre-meeting. On rare occasions I'll get a call (all my sales start with inbound calls) from someone who just wants app mailed. I do wish MA carriers that do not allow phone sales make that clear in plan-specific portion of recertification. I've never seen it addressed.

Back