Med Supp Companies with HH Discount with only one person

Hey, our crew was checking these carriers and Accendo doesn't appear to be ready yet for the 1-policy HHD. Our rep said they're in the policy of refiling everything & it'll be a few months.

Accendo gives 1 policy HHD's I can confirm (state specific) having written a bunch of them.

The other Aetna subsidiaries do not.

On QUOTE & Enroll the agent enters "0" for policy number. Although they just updated quote and enroll so you may not have to do that... I don't recall if that step was still on it.

Accendo gives 1 policy HHD's I can confirm (state specific) having written a bunch of them.

The other Aetna subsidiaries do not.

On QUOTE & Enroll the agent enters "0" for policy number. Although they just updated quote and enroll so you may not have to do that... I don't recall if that step was still on it.

Interesting indeed - I reached out to our rep for some more clarification. She said "Adding the 14% HHD is a manual process on our end, so it’s very possible that random policies will be setup with the discount without having the second policy. I have attached the Outline of Coverage stating that you must either apply at the same time or have another individual in the household with an active policy."

Looks like you are getting lucky my friend!!

Interesting indeed - I reached out to our rep for some more clarification. She said "Adding the 14% HHD is a manual process on our end, so it’s very possible that random policies will be setup with the discount without having the second policy. I have attached the Outline of Coverage stating that you must either apply at the same time or have another individual in the household with an active policy."

Looks like you are getting lucky my friend!!
I'm sure it's state specific, but what you just posted is what it shows on the current paper app for Illinois. :yes:

I'm sure it's state specific, but what you just posted is what it shows on the current paper app for Illinois. :yes:
Right - I'm trying to figure out if Accendo is doing the 1-policy HHD in Illinois - sshafran says he's submitted apps and gotten it, no problem. But our rep is saying you do need 2 policies until all the re-submissions are done.

Right - I'm trying to figure out if Accendo is doing the 1-policy HHD in Illinois - sshafran says he's submitted apps and gotten it, no problem. But our rep is saying you do need 2 policies until all the re-submissions are done.

Unless I am misreading, the HHD spreadsheet does not show the 2 policy requirement for Accendo in NC.

Unless I am misreading, the HHD spreadsheet does not show the 2 policy requirement for Accendo in NC.
Aha - I've been assuming we were talking about IL only since my earlier comment that sparked the discussion - "Our team is currently working on updating this given all the new carriers and some leniency being added to some IL carriers (1 policy in the home vs. 2). " Makes a lot more sense. I'm going to awkward turtle my way out of here...

Aha - I've been assuming we were talking about IL only since my earlier comment that sparked the discussion - "Our team is currently working on updating this given all the new carriers and some leniency being added to some IL carriers (1 policy in the home vs. 2). " Makes a lot more sense. I'm going to awkward turtle my way out of here...

I suspect the same issue applies to crs6633's post.

Since elips is not in KS, my guess is that he was talking about Missouri HHD provisions.

Back