• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicare Supplement/Gap Vs Final Expense

2018.. still true-pick "ONE" and supplement the other..?
Absolutely. Specialize in one thing. Cross sell the other obvious things AFTER you get good at your main thing. I can't imagine that would ever change.

Making up your mind BEFORE you start doesnt make as much sense as getting in there and selling anything and everything. I still find after years of this that MedSupps are impossible to sell--MAPDs are far easier. FE is an easy sale but low retention and extremely low trails

Someone on here said some time back "Sell FE to pay your bills today, and sell Medicare to pay your bills in five years" and thats been true for me

Our top agents are doing great selling both, with no perceivable negative impact on their FE sales. I do agree with Scott though, get comfortable with FE before you add additional lines of business. Once you figure it out it’s the biggest no brainer since sliced bread.

Our top agents are doing great selling both, with no perceivable negative impact on their FE sales. I do agree with Scott though, get comfortable with FE before you add additional lines of business. Once you figure it out it’s the biggest no brainer since sliced bread.

Or do it the other way around. Medicare first and then learn FE. Neither are hard to learn anyway.

Making up your mind BEFORE you start doesnt make as much sense as getting in there and selling anything and everything. I still find after years of this that MedSupps are impossible to sell--MAPDs are far easier. FE is an easy sale but low retention and extremely low trails

Someone on here said some time back "Sell FE to pay your bills today, and sell Medicare to pay your bills in five years" and thats been true for me

I have to wonder about this statement as I find selling Med Supps are like shooting fish in a barrel. Give me a call sometime, maybe I can help change that around for you.

Or do it the other way around. Medicare first and then learn FE. Neither are hard to learn anyway.

Agreed Todd, although those blokes, especially the MA people have a very hard time learning how to close and ask for money in my experience. IF you can sell and survive in FE, you are almost guaranteed to make it in Medicare..with proper training and support.

Wrong--- FE is not even selling. Here it is--you asked for the info do you want it yes.no? Iv e sold tons of it. Easy sale

IN THIS AREA you dont get the Med Supp prospect RIGHT AS they become eligible for Medicare forget it. Ive never found a T65 strategy that works and once on a Med Supp they are NEVER going to change--if you saved them $1000 a year. My buddy and I have tired to do Med Supp meetings at upscale Senors Complexes and got NO attendees.

I dont like being lumped into some limp-membered stack of "blokes" thank you-- I worked in far more difficult industries than Insurance. You don't know me or my experience.

FYI area of the country, MA penetration, economy, average income etc never enters anyones mind that it MIGHT make for variations from your individual experience.

Did I insult you? If so I apologise if you thought that the previous post was aimed at you.

There are thousands of agents that make very good livings selling Med Supps. Companies close pools and rates skyrocket, changing people is very simple to do if you know how to approach them and educate them. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that those are the people that really need our help.

Medicare Advantage focused agents struggle more coming to FE because in many cases what they "sell" has no premium attached. They need additional training on how to close and ask for a check as well as having to learn underwriting, which other than ESRD is not an issue with MA.

Wrong--- FE is not even selling. Here it is--you asked for the info do you want it yes.no? Iv e sold tons of it. Easy sale

IN THIS AREA you dont get the Med Supp prospect RIGHT AS they become eligible for Medicare forget it. Ive never found a T65 strategy that works and once on a Med Supp they are NEVER going to change--if you saved them $1000 a year. My buddy and I have tired to do Med Supp meetings at upscale Senors Complexes and got NO attendees.

I dont like being lumped into some limp-membered stack of "blokes" thank you-- I worked in far more difficult industries than Insurance. You don't know me or my experience.

FYI area of the country, MA penetration, economy, average income etc never enters anyones mind that it MIGHT make for variations from your individual experience.

To make that statement shows that you just may not know what you're doing. It's okay, don't take that as a slam. Secondly, you have no business trying to do seminars until you have one on one sales down pat. It is obvious from your statements that you do not know have it down when it comes to Med Supps.

Back