• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Need Advice from Experienced Agents!

What should I do?

• Continue Growing My Real Estate Business!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Keep Real Estate Going, While Trying Out FFL!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep Real Estate Going While Trying Out Another IMO!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Dive Head First into Life Insurance, The Grass is Truly Greener!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marcus45

I'm a 35 yr old Realtor in Gilbert, AZ making $300k/yr, considering getting licensed for life insurance. I keep getting recruiting calls from FFL, and while I don't like the MLM structure, it seems like hard workers can build a serious business there, and get out of production easier than in real estate. The thing is, I already have a serious business, and ramping up from $300k to $400k seems like it would be a lot easier than starting a new venture. At the same time, I would love to develop people and grow a team, and this structure seems ideal for it.

I'm sure there's a ton I don't know, as this space is new to me. Thanks in advance your any words of wisdom and advice!

I'm a 35 yr old Realtor in Gilbert, AZ making $300k/yr, considering getting licensed for life insurance. I keep getting recruiting calls from FFL, and while I don't like the MLM structure, it seems like hard workers can build a serious business there, and get out of production easier than in real estate. The thing is, I already have a serious business, and ramping up from $300k to $400k seems like it would be a lot easier than starting a new venture. At the same time, I would love to develop people and grow a team, and this structure seems ideal for it.

I'm sure there's a ton I don't know, as this space is new to me. Thanks in advance your any words of wisdom and advice!
You're in one of the hottest real estate markets in over a decade AND in a pretty hot area.

You can certainly make that money in insurance but you'll be setting yourself back several years.

I would ride your wave as long as you can. When interest rates spike and AZ runs out of water, THEN you can jump to insurance.

Great thoughts - that has certainly crossed my mind. I try to stay ahead of changes, but there is a lot to be made in Real Estate right now. Thanks!

Dude - milk the real estate game as long as you can. One caveat - can't hurt to get insurance licensed to get yourself prepared [and turn you off from the insurance industry.]
Appreciate that, kind of what I'm thinking. Maybe invest a little time getting license, and learning some products, go on 10-20 appts just to get a feel, and go from there. Might send me charging back to Real Estate with a new appreciation...or might not.

I had a very smart friend that told me once "If you have a goose that lays golden eggs, you don't want to strangle it and cook it for dinner, which is some people do. You want to keep it happy and healthy, and laying those golden eggs. Try to get another golden egg laying goose too."

You, my friend, sound like you are suffering from "FOMO" and "The grass is always greener" syndrome, and are considering strangling your golden goose for the mystery prize behind door #2. But, hey, if you are tired of real estate and have plenty of money, then I understand.

Easy peasy!!!! You know what % of ins agents net $400k? Probably less than 1/2%. I’m talking Net . Not the people who run around bragging about doing $400k fe premium spending $80k on leads and having 75-80% persistency.

Back