Ohio - Med Supp - 5 Yr Comp?

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
There is a med supp carrier here in OH paying years 1-5 @ 20% and years 6+ at 8% when contracting directly.

Seems odd.

Almost everyone else pays at least 6 years.

Hopefully not a trend...

This is straight from Ohio's insurance regs: "(2) The commission or other compensation provided in subsequent (renewal) years must be the same as that provided in the second year or period and must be provided for no fewer than five renewal years."

The comp has to be for 6 years. Something is fishy.

This is straight from Ohio's insurance regs: "(2) The commission or other compensation provided in subsequent (renewal) years must be the same as that provided in the second year or period and must be provided for no fewer than five renewal years."

I wonder how they'll look at Aetna's new Level for Life commission payout option. I can't imagine that many if any agents will opt for it...but it's there.

Ok, google isn't my friend tonight. Tried to find this...

Source?

Back