Oil up another $11 a barrel tonight . Demand a 5-10% bump in your contract

I drive about the same. My car gets a little less on mileage, and runs on premium, so maybe $50-$60 more/week. Still, not that big a deal for me, either, if all we’re talking about is paying extra for gas. But the additional cost for shipping is adding to the already increasing prices for EVERYTHING.

I doubt that I make nearly as much as you, so it may be a bigger problem for me. At the least, it’s big enough that I can’t be dismissive about it. But It’s a HUGE problem for my lower income clients, especially if they’re younger, working, and still raising a family. They’re the ones who suffer the most from any kind of inflation.

I’m hearing predictions of $7/gallon regular by summer. That’s gonna hurt.

Of course that will hurt. I doubt it gets that high. I think it will come down before it gets to the sky is falling levels.

You are correct on it affecting everything though. Inflation across the board is doing that already. This will be the fist summer in my lifetime I'm not buying hay. No telling what hay will cost this year.

Building materials have come down some here. But you can't find labor to do work. I contracted to have a small deck built off our bedroom the first week of December. It's still not been started. I talked to the contractor this week. He said he's down 2 men and can't find replacements.

To get back on the topic, gas prices went down here today. No a lot. Down 7 cents.
I drive about 600 miles a week. My truck averages around 20 MPG so I use about 30 gallons a week. The increases are costing me about $40 more per week. I would rather not pay an extra $40 but it's not worth all the gnashing of teeth I read about here and elsewhere.
And early in the new year, we will read about Big Oil and their record profits, but Trumptards will say Biden hurt business with his policies, while suggesting he should have forced lower prices with policy changes, while arguing government regulations are hurting business. Dogs chasing tails.

I drive about the same. My car gets a little less on mileage, and runs on premium, so maybe $50-$60 more/week. Still, not that big a deal for me, either, if all we’re talking about is paying extra for gas. But the additional cost for shipping is adding to the already increasing prices for EVERYTHING.

I doubt that I make nearly as much as you, so it may be a bigger problem for me. At the least, it’s big enough that I can’t be dismissive about it. But It’s a HUGE problem for my lower income clients, especially if they’re younger, working, and still raising a family. They’re the ones who suffer the most from any kind of inflation.

I’m hearing predictions of $7/gallon regular by summer. That’s gofnna hurt.
My wife came in at the first of the week complaining that it took $52 to fill up her Flex. I laughed and said, "What are you complaining about? It took $79.96 last week to fill my little Ford Sport Trac!" Hate to think what it will be next week when I fill it up.

My Car gets around 35 mpg . I drive around 700 mikes a week . I’m more worried is WW3 coming . Things looking bleak . If Putin is being defeated he’ll take the world with him .If he takes Ukraine sanctions will strangle him and he’ll take the world with him . Outside him being assassinated I see no way out .

My Car gets around 35 mpg . I drive around 700 mikes a week . I’m more worried is WW3 coming . Things looking bleak . If Putin is being defeated he’ll take the world with him .If he takes Ukraine sanctions will strangle him and he’ll take the world with him . Outside him being assassinated I see no way out .
Maybe his own population or a few key generals will decide enough is enough and surround the Kremlin, after first making sure those with fingers on the missiles are also onside.

Maybe his own population or a few key generals will decide enough is enough and surround the Kremlin, after first making sure those with fingers on the missiles are also onside.

Thats an optimistic view. It is also possible Putin is well prepared for this and they decide the only way to get rid off Putin is to draw him into war. So just launch 5 at USA and 5 at Europe, and see how Putin reacts. USA can they one hit and not respond/escalate, it wont have a choice if 5 missiles land.

something is for sure strange Putin is not fighting as he had in the past not hitting strategic targets purposely causing as many casualties as possible more confident than he should be

Not sure what the deal is, But I hope I am wrong and many on here are right that its all about Ukraine, all we need to do is stay out watch is step and it will be over after

Just don't feel that's the way it will go down

But Ohh Boy I want so much to be wrong on this

I want to be wrong but it’s impossible for the world to move forward with Putin in power . Putin takes Ukraine then what ? If he stays in power we strangle him and Russia . He gets desperate and fires nukes to draw all in . He starts losing in Ukraine and fires nukes . He fires at nato countries and the party starts . Outside Putin assassinated its checkmate

I want to be wrong but it’s impossible for the world to move forward with Putin in power . Putin takes Ukraine then what ? If he stays in power we strangle him and Russia . He gets desperate and fires nukes to draw all in . He starts losing in Ukraine and fires nukes . He fires at nato countries and the party starts . Outside Putin assassinated its checkmate

That's just the thing Putin was not a wild card like that before something is going on

He was always more controlled reserved he would threaten nukes over sanctions in the past something is off something else is happened

Or maybe he simply is just lost his mind or is dying and taken the last stab But I feel like its something else

Latest posts

Back