One Life America Final Expense

I know them personally. Live right by their main office. My brother roofed the owners house. They are the worst IMO anyone could ever go to. If you go to them after reading this forum, you are perfect for them.

I am in talks with an agent that is with One Life. He gets what he thinks is recycled leads. (although some say suspects say they remember sending the card in could be within a month old). He is getting about 50 Dm leads a week at 45% commission. Drives all over the place, but to get that volume you will have to open up a larger radius.

I think its a good system for new agents, as the training according to him has been good and doesn't have a lead bill hanging over his head.

I use to be a part of One Life. Let me just set the record straight and tell it just like it is.
Someone mentioned free leads and free E&O as red flags. I'm here to tell you you get free leads and free E&O, and I'm talking personal experience.
Someone said they give you 40 B leads and tell you to go get 'em. He also does not know what he is talking about. there was never a week that went by and I could grab 100 leads, and in the territory I chose provided there was leads in that territory. That is a mix of A and B leads, depended on your 13-week average. The higher the average the more A leads you get. It is not hard to get 30-40 A leads, so then you would get 60-70 B leads.
Lawsuits. Parker and Associates. Blah, blah, blah. Anybody that has been in business for any period of time has had some sort of claim filed against them. It's just the nature of the thing. Take my word for it, I've received all my 10-12 months commissions and renewals, as promised.

Now for the flip side:
They claim to be a "Christian" company. That's great for kool-aid drinker buying in to that sort of hype. The day and age we live in, it's customary to take on a religious cloak, as a means of getting over on people or trying to add credibility. "Christian" means Christ-like. Christ was free from sin. Now tell me how many "true" Christians or organizations you see around. Frankly, it turns my stomach that these people cannot start off a sales training without ramming their religious dogma down your throat.
Seeing you get your choice of the exact area to work in, the leads (The A's included.) can only be so good. If it has been 3 months since the leads were posted, and now you just got to them, then you have A leads 3 months. So, do not expect the same closing ratio off these as you would fresh leads.
If you are disciplined and ready to work real hard, you can make a decent income.

I have been with one life for quite a while and the only recycled leads you get are the ones you choose aka b and/or C leads. I am a top producer and if you work you can make great money even on the platform they have and can move up. But if your friend is at 45 I would talk to someone else Bc different managers bring you on at different commission levels...
I am in talks with an agent that is with One Life. He gets what he thinks is recycled leads. (although some say suspects say they remember sending the card in could be within a month old). He is getting about 50 Dm leads a week at 45% commission. Drives all over the place, but to get that volume you will have to open up a larger radius.

I think its a good system for new agents, as the training according to him has been good and doesn't have a lead bill hanging over his head.

----------

There is logic behind your post....
I know them personally. Live right by their main office. My brother roofed the owners house. They are the worst IMO anyone could ever go to. If you go to them after reading this forum, you are perfect for them.

----------

If you are good at what you do you can close them at 1 week old or 3 months old. A lead is an opportunity to get in the door the rest is on you. I've been with one life for a while and put the numbers up, the ones that complain and aren't successful are the ones that want it handed to them and can't work without someone reminding them that they need to get out of bed everyday.
I use to be a part of One Life. Let me just set the record straight and tell it just like it is.
Someone mentioned free leads and free E&O as red flags. I'm here to tell you you get free leads and free E&O, and I'm talking personal experience.
Someone said they give you 40 B leads and tell you to go get 'em. He also does not know what he is talking about. there was never a week that went by and I could grab 100 leads, and in the territory I chose provided there was leads in that territory. That is a mix of A and B leads, depended on your 13-week average. The higher the average the more A leads you get. It is not hard to get 30-40 A leads, so then you would get 60-70 B leads.
Lawsuits. Parker and Associates. Blah, blah, blah. Anybody that has been in business for any period of time has had some sort of claim filed against them. It's just the nature of the thing. Take my word for it, I've received all my 10-12 months commissions and renewals, as promised.

Now for the flip side:
They claim to be a "Christian" company. That's great for kool-aid drinker buying in to that sort of hype. The day and age we live in, it's customary to take on a religious cloak, as a means of getting over on people or trying to add credibility. "Christian" means Christ-like. Christ was free from sin. Now tell me how many "true" Christians or organizations you see around. Frankly, it turns my stomach that these people cannot start off a sales training without ramming their religious dogma down your throat.
Seeing you get your choice of the exact area to work in, the leads (The A's included.) can only be so good. If it has been 3 months since the leads were posted, and now you just got to them, then you have A leads 3 months. So, do not expect the same closing ratio off these as you would fresh leads.
If you are disciplined and ready to work real hard, you can make a decent income.

Now for the flip side:

The one thing you did not mention was the commission rate to go with all those "freebie" :skeptical:

Hello Maam (with all respect). I know exactly who you are, and I loved your talk you gave.
I won't embarrass you and say your name, but you are the lady that runs all over Indiana.
I won't challenge your statement because I know you are good. I also was not complaining. The problem is OLA is down to just 2 good companies they can write for and one of them is the overpriced Lighthouse Legacy with AmAm.
Let me say I think you will even admit that you would rather have a lead 3 weeks old as opposed to 3 months old.

----------

The rate is 50%.
That is the price you pay for the "free leads".
You can be kept extremely busy if you want.
I know the personal production of Rcano. She has made a ton of money in a short time with the company.

----------

Just to be clear. I am not endorsing OLA, and I am not putting them down.
They are a good company. They have done exactly what they said they are going to do. You can get 100 leads per week, if you want to work that hard.
You make the 50%. The leads are not fresh (but not stale). They also don't have a good choice of companies to write for.
All that is the price you pay for free, good leads, and to be kept busy like you can with them.

----------

The rate is 50%.
I know the personal production of Rcano. She has made a ton of money in a short time with the company.

----------

The average "street" with mos companies is 110%+. That means you are giving up 60% First Year commission to One Life. That is a very high price to pay for leads.. If you only write $50K per year, the leads are costing you $30K in first year plus what you give up in renewal commissions.. You can buy a ton of brand new, fresh leads on your own for that kind of cash and have money left over.

Hello Maam (with all respect). I know exactly who you are, and I loved your talk you gave.
I won't embarrass you and say your name, but you are the lady that runs all over Indiana.
I won't challenge your statement because I know you are good. I also was not complaining. The problem is OLA is down to just 2 good companies they can write for and one of them is the overpriced Lighthouse Legacy with AmAm.
Let me say I think you will even admit that you would rather have a lead 3 weeks old as opposed to 3 months old.

----------

The rate is 50%.

----------

Just to be clear. I am not endorsing OLA, and I am not putting them down.
They are a good company. They have done exactly what they said they are going to do. You can get 100 leads per week, if you want to work that hard.
You make the 50%. The leads are not fresh (but not stale). They also don't have a good choice of companies to write for.
All that is the price you pay for free, good leads, and to be kept busy like you can with them.

A GOOD COMPANY?????
How dumb are you people. If you didn't know about this forum then maybe you could get a pass but all you have to do is read about them.

A generic card averages 1.5% return per thousand in a lot of places. Cost to mail $440 thousand = $29.33 per lead. To get 30 leads is going to cost me $880.00

Lets say I work 30 cards a week at $120 annual premium per lead(that's just me and I am no super star by a long shot). $3,600.00 total.

One Life is going to pay you $1800.00 for that with no lead cost. That's Great!!!

I am going to get $3600.00 x 110%(average) - $880.00 in lead costs.
That is equal to $3080.00. That is a difference of $1280.00 a week not counting what they take from your renewals. That's is $5504.00 a month.

I don't know how to make it any simpler than that. We have a saying in FE that sometimes you just cant fix STUPID. And on top of that is One Life is probably on a 140% to 150% contract. That all sounds real Christian to me.

Back