• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good thread

I didn’t realize that was a thread I started. I was a new guy then.

I like seeing those old posts. See if I still agree with my old self after some years of experience under my belt.

Is sales always emotional? I think so. I think that’s why we try to find their why. What was their pain point? Why did they stop and click on the ad and fill out the landing page?

It usually goes back to their love for their family, their fear of leaving them high and dry.

Man I know I’m going through that now. Making some decent money and worried about what would happen to my wife and 2 small children if I kicked the bucket or just had a heart attack or something worse in the coming years.

Must be having a mid-life crisis, but I’m adding a couple extra million with living benefits and have explained to my wife what to do with the money if I did die.

Now it was all logical and thought out, but it was still emotional.

Shoot I do the same thing with recruiting. I have 30-40 agents that schedule an appointment to talk to me each week. After the intro/rapport building stage, I always ask the same question, “So what made you decide to reach out to us?”

Find the pain point, find the hot button issue and press that button over and over again.

Ok! I convinced myself again. It is emotional!

FCGS is nothing but a gimmick. It adds to the premium unnecessarily, and is often used by less than scrupulous LH agents to mislead people into believing they’re purchasing a prearranged funeral.
It is gimmicky because apparently no other insurance company offers a funeral advantage plan with a free membership with them when you buy a policy. I’ve heard stories of people’s experiences with it after a loved one they knew died who had the membership. One of the girls at our training thing wanted to be with LH because of her own experience with FCGS. shared her emotional story with us. It really does pull on the heart strings when used correctly. They arrange the entire funeral on your behalf apparently.

It is gimmicky because apparently no other insurance company offers a funeral advantage plan with a free membership with them when you buy a policy. I’ve heard stories of people’s experiences with it after a loved one they knew died who had the membership. One of the girls at our training thing wanted to be with LH because of her own experience with FCGS. shared her emotional story with us. It really does pull on the heart strings when used correctly. They arrange the entire funeral on your behalf apparently.

Okay, stop.. just freaking stop.

You have about 5 experienced agents telling you it’s a bad idea. We have zero to gain by telling you this is stupid.

Your whole schtick about just charging thousands of dollars of leads to LH is ridiculous. Regardless, you’re going to pay for them. Either you sell a policy, you pay out of pocket, or you get vectored and you’re out of the insurance industry.

You are so much better off working WITH someone like Dave vs FOR someone like LH. However, that “I know it all because I heard some stories” mentality is going to slap you to right in the face.

You’re preparing yourself to be the 90% that wash out of this business. Geez, for 30 seconds I thought we were starting to get through to you...

I’m done.

BUT with Lincoln I know that the family will have around 30% less death benefit to work with

They said the FCGS calls the 3 funeral homes and gets all the prices, then calls the preferred funeral home and says “the funeral home down the street can do the same thing for this much less, would you be willing to match or come down any?” And then they get caskets wholesale. I mean yeah the DB is less but when they do all this stuff they make it sound like they cut funeral costs and don’t let them ride all over your policy because you are too emotional to care what color flowers or whether or not you want the key to the casket etc. etc. which all costs more. I mean typically how often do funeral homes NOT max out the budget of the FE policy? Idk I’m asking you because you’re a funeral director. This is just what they teach us..

Geez, for 30 seconds I thought we were starting to get through to you...
Lol you guys are if you haven’t noticed. I’ve been talking to this guy for a few months now it’s not exactly easy for me to just say “okay you guys are right!” Perhaps that’s what Newby meant when he said “scrub the stink off.”

I’m trying to get in touch with Dave too btw.

I’ll be honest, I’m about to quit my job and cash in my 401k so I can take a leap on this. I’ve been trying to find a way into the insurance game for a couple of years now and I’ve realized it’s not a part time gig for someone new to sales. I don’t want to be the 90% I would be the 90% if I were selling Kirby vacs or cut co or amway but for some reason I really want to do this.

They said the FCGS calls the 3 funeral homes and gets all the prices, then calls the preferred funeral home and says “the funeral home down the street can do the same thing for this much less, would you be willing to match or come down any?” And then they get caskets wholesale. I mean yeah the DB is less but when they do all this stuff they make it sound like they cut funeral costs and don’t let them ride all over your policy because you are too emotional to care what color flowers or whether or not you want the key to the casket etc. etc. which all costs more. I mean typically how often do funeral homes NOT max out the budget of the FE policy? Idk I’m asking you because you’re a funeral director. This is just what they teach us..
You can do the same thing, or the family can. This is a helpful site for funeral price comparisons:
Compare Funeral Homes | Parting

Wholesale caskets:
Casket Site™ $695+ Best Price Funeral Caskets 90% Off, Overnight Delivery
https://www.costco.com/funeral.html

So, that means if you go work with Dave D. instead of LH, you can provide the same or better service, provide a higher death benefit for the client, and earn a much higher income for your family (BTW - 75% is low even for LH).

Last edited:
Back