• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They said the FCGS calls the 3 funeral homes and gets all the prices, then calls the preferred funeral home and says “the funeral home down the street can do the same thing for this much less, would you be willing to match or come down any?” And then they get caskets wholesale. I mean yeah the DB is less but when they do all this stuff they make it sound like they cut funeral costs and don’t let them ride all over your policy because you are too emotional to care what color flowers or whether or not you want the key to the casket etc. etc. which all costs more. I mean typically how often do funeral homes NOT max out the budget of the FE policy? Idk I’m asking you because you’re a funeral director. This is just what they teach us..

I can only tell you about my experience working with a FH; we sit down with the family and give them our GPL, then we get the info needed for the death certificate and the obituary, then we discuss what kind of funeral they want, then let them choose a casket (each casket has a price tag on it and it also has the total cost of the funeral including the casket), then we discuss if they want or need a vault (some cemeteries require them), then we give them a total price for everything based on their wishes and only then do we discuss payment options, so, no we don’t try to max out their policy because we usually don’t know how much coverage they have until they have made their choices. Also, we would never negotiate funeral arrangements/prices over the phone with anybody, not even the family and I seriously doubt if any other FH will either. Keep in mind that most folks either die in the hospital or the NH and the family has a very short period of time (2 hours max) to contact a FH to have the body picked up because the facility wants it gone ASAP, The FH picks up the body and gets permission to embalm unless it will be cremation; the reality is the family has no time to make use of a service like FCGS in most situations, like I said earlier, we never had it happen, it’s just not practical. If you sell a high priced policy based on something like FCGS then you’re scamming your client; if you can live with that, knock yourself out. BTW, the family deals directly with the florist of their choice for any flowers and to my knowledge there is no casket key, it does have a standard locking device used when it is finally closed but what would be the purpose of a key anyway?????? You’ve been fed a line of shit, my friend.

A few years ago a FH not far from us had a body on the table getting ready to embalm when the guy sat up on the side of the table wanting to know what was going on; he lived about another month before actually dying; glad I wasn’t there:)
I've heard of bodies having delayed reflexes where they sit up or move an arm, even though they're still dead. I hope that guy made the most out of that extra month. :yes:

I wonder if the embalmer pissed his pants? :twitchy:

Back