• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Royal Neighbors Changes

A couple of things about RNA that needs to be pointed out regarding this process...

First, they know that the changes in 10/2013 were not handled well and started addressing issues this past summer towards comp to boost sales.

Second, they do not have a huge labor pool where their home office is located to pull from. Doing things the old way if there is a large increase in applications would stretch their ability to service customers and agents.

I truly believe this was enacted to be able to handle a large increase in FE business for 2015. Using a VoiceApp-Signature will enable them to use the personnel they have without a major need to hire more people to handle the larger workflow, which they would have very little to pull from....

I do not think they want to experience the same issues that Transamerica has with the need to hire people which Trans has failed miserably.

Now with higher commissions to agents and relaxed underwriting alone will generate more agent business regardless of what the #1 IMO wants to do...

Ease of getting FE business issued "relaxed underwriting" is what has been left out in this discussion and RNA has addressed it quite successfully with this change.

The next step will be changes to the Commission structure for all the IMO's to put them more on a level playing field with regard to comp and I believe that is coming in January.

This voice signature thing will slow business dramatically. Not increase it.

But I do beleive they thought it would increase business. But, that's the bill of goods they were sold.

This voice signature thing will slow business dramatically. Not increase it.

But I do beleive they thought it would increase business. But, that's the bill of goods they were sold.

I do not disagree, in fact, I think it will dramatically decrease in the short run. Especially after today, my business partner wrote one this morning by voice. It took 40 minutes.

The operator sounded like a newb and they still wasted 6 minutes reading the MIB disclosures even after confirming that the insured received it from the agent.... That is BS.

Also, be prepared.... they want tbe banking info before asking the medical questions and doing MIB/RX and getting an offer.... if they get declined or graded the client will get upset that they gave out their banking before the offer.

I do not disagree, in fact, I think it will dramatically decrease in the short run. Especially after today, my business partner wrote one this morning by voice. It took 40 minutes.

The operator sounded like a newb and they still wasted 6 minutes reading the MIB disclosures even after confirming that the insured received it from the agent.... That is BS.

Also, be prepared.... they want tbe banking info before asking the medical questions and doing MIB/RX and getting an offer.... if they get declined or graded the client will get upset that they gave out their banking before the offerr.

Why would they be upset? That is no different than what happens with a paper app submitted to the company.. You submit the banking info (and possibly a check for the first premium) with the app.. After the company receives it, they may decide to decline or rate up the coverage but the banking info has been submitted before the "offer".

Why would they be upset? That is no different than what happens with a paper app submitted to the company.. You submit the banking info (and possibly a check for the first premium) with the app.. After the company receives it, they may decide to decline or rate up the coverage but the banking info has been submitted before the "offer".

Dude, you get a decline and just gave all your banking info to someone on the phone within 10 minutes.... They will get upset....

You are comparing apples and oranges.... FE don't work like that.....

Sane middle class people are not FE people....

Dude, you get a decline and just gave all your banking info to someone on the phone within 10 minutes.... They will get upset....

You are comparing apples and oranges.... FE don't work like that.....

Sane middle class people are not FE people....

FE worked like that for years before the phone interview came along... The POS is a fairly recent development.

The good news is that faxes will now go through at any time of the day.

We all better stop bitchin cause you know old Obi Wan will come along and say that is why LH is better because they don't have these changes.

Matter of fact I'm going to go sign up with them....where is Obi wan???:yes:

Hmmmmm.. This post indicates soem are unhappy with the RNA changes and another coupel address the unhappiness with the 5Star changes.. In both posts it seems some people are going to quit using them ... at least for "goto" companies... So, what company is going to be lucky enough to start picking up all that new business?

Back