• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Seminar in Assisted Living

Jack B

Guru
100+ Post Club
The other week I had an appointment with a gentleman, I met him in an assisted living place, I thought it would be a good idea to give a Seminar, basic education about buying LI WL versus term, etc, to get some sales from the folks.

My question to the forum is, what do you think about the idea, has anyone done something like this, what were the results?

The other week I had an appointment with a gentleman, I met him in an assisted living place, I thought it would be a good idea to give a Seminar, basic education about buying LI WL versus term, etc, to get some sales from the folks.

My question to the forum is, what do you think about the idea, has anyone done something like this, what were the results?

Myself and my agents do seminars often. I usually pick retirement communities that have a common room. Never assisted living or convalescent homes though.

The trick is to talk directly to the owner/manager or an events coordinator if they have one. Most of the time they are happy to host an event. They love having something for their residents to do on site!

Now.. you have to be careful of your wording when you schedule these events. No one will want to show up if they have to spend money. Your presentation has to be more"educational" than your typical presentation. I do these seminars to mainly get leads as opposed to writing them up right then and there.

This is how I present myself to the managers/ owners:

"Hi!! My name is GMDM and I'm the local representative for the golden memorial plan. One of the things I do as your local representative is host workshops in the area educating seniors on the importance of planning and funding their final expenses in advance. I will supply light snacks and beverages. Along with a raffle at the end."

Usually costs me as much as a lead.

Myself and my agents do seminars often. I usually pick retirement communities that have a common room. Never assisted living or convalescent homes though.

The trick is to talk directly to the owner/manager or an events coordinator if they have one. Most of the time they are happy to host an event. They love having something for their residents to do on site!

Now.. you have to be careful of your wording when you schedule these events. No one will want to show up if they have to spend money. Your presentation has to be more"educational" than your typical presentation. I do these seminars to mainly get leads as opposed to writing them up right then and there.

This is how I present myself to the managers/ owners:

"Hi!! My name is GMDM and I'm the local representative for the golden memorial plan. One of the things I do as your local representative is host workshops in the area educating seniors on the importance of planning and funding their final expenses in advance. I will supply light snacks and beverages. Along with a raffle at the end."

Usually costs me as much as a lead.

Can u share some typical results? Not pie in the sky or "one time I signed up 15 ppl", but your avg result of this presentations?

Thx

Can u share some typical results? Not pie in the sky or "one time I signed up 15 ppl", but your avg result of this presentations?

Thx

Absolutely!!! Typically I get about 5 to 15 leads when I do a group presentation. I rarely write people up on the spot. I think since I've been doing them (about 7 years) I have maybe written 10 apps total at the actual events. And I have done a ton!

Mostly I just work the leads like they were DM leads. I average the same closing ratio about 20% to 40%. So on the average I would say I get 2 to 7 apps by the time I am done working them. The leads are easy to get. When I do the raffle I use these slips that they fill out for the prize that include their name, address, birthday, and phone number. Some people don't fill in all the info but as long as I get the address I can work them.

The hard part is to get people to show up!!! The one I did on Friday I had 16 people show and got 16 leads with 2 apps so far. The time before that .. no one showed up! Not one person. You really have to be pro active in getting the word around the complex. This last time the events coordinator actually got on the phone and called residents to remind them about the workshop.

You also have to set them up every quarter because there are always new residents flowing into these communities.

Absolutely!!! Typically I get about 5 to 15 leads when I do a group presentation. I rarely write people up on the spot. I think since I've been doing them (about 7 years) I have maybe written 10 apps total at the actual events. And I have done a ton!

Mostly I just work the leads like they were DM leads. I average the same closing ratio about 20% to 40%. So on the average I would say I get 2 to 7 apps by the time I am done working them. The leads are easy to get. When I do the raffle I use these slips that they fill out for the prize that include their name, address, birthday, and phone number. Some people don't fill in all the info but as long as I get the address I can work them.

The hard part is to get people to show up!!! The one I did on Friday I had 16 people show and got 16 leads with 2 apps so far. The time before that .. no one showed up! Not one person. You really have to be pro active in getting the word around the complex. This last time the events coordinator actually got on the phone and called residents to remind them about the workshop.

You also have to set them up every quarter because there are always new residents flowing into these communities.

Thx... I wonder if being able to talk about FE & Med Supps will increase your success? What do u typically spend on those events with food & all?

TDF
Sent via my Sprint Phone using Insurance Forums App

Thx... I wonder if being able to talk about FE & Med Supps will increase your success? What do u typically spend on those events with food & all?

TDF

I bet it would!! I usually buy two raffle prizes. And spent about 10 to 20 bucks total on them. The snacks are another 10 to 20. It depends on how many I think will show up. If its a place I usually have success I will spend more.

I bet it would!! I usually buy two raffle prizes. And spent about 10 to 20 bucks total on them. The snacks are another 10 to 20. It depends on how many I think will show up. If its a place I usually have success I will spend more.

Now that I think about it, ppl in those places are most likely MA clients... But thx for the info, good stuff!

TDF

I had the same idea... This lays it all out. Great information, thanks for sharing it with us!

I think group presentations are great, but in an assisted living facility perhaps many of the people there wouldn't actually be making that decision. My grandma was in a facility and my dad and uncles handled everything. Speak direct to the decisions makers right. Right idea...perhaps try another venue?

Back