Seriously, Not Awesome!!!

Has anyone ever sent you an email or text with the letters "WTF"in it? Well that is how I feel! As I was watching the Super bowl pregameyesterday, a news ticker pop up on the bottom of the screen. The first couplewords were "Josh Powell..." So my first thought was "Hey, coolthat's my name!"

Than the ticker kept going... and kept going.... and kept going.... The roomgot quite as everyone slowly turned their head toward me at literally the sametime.

The Super bowl was tough for me, not only did I have to watch the Giants,who beat my Packers in the NFC championship, win. I got destroyed by my friendsand family the whole game.

And as I came into work today, I was hoping no-one would know about it.Well, that was dumb. The local newspaper had "Josh Powell...." on thefront page. I sat at my desk and my boss came up to me and said, "Goodluck this week."

If anyone has advice on a cold calling script for this, let me know! This isgoing to be a rough week!!

If anyone doesn’t know what I'm talking about…. Thank God!!!

I didn’t want to add what happened to this post. I did not feel like it wasmy place to do so. But, I am seriously thinking of going by my middle name now.

Wish me luck this week, I'll need it.:mad:

www.jpowellconover.com

Appears to me that you are over reacting. I read your post and the name Josh Powell did not mean anything to me.

Didn't click the link but I'm guessing spam?

No, lol the link is not spam, its my work blog. Just a habit to sign out with it. I didnt post a link of the story. But if you google Josh Powell Washington state. Im sure it will be at the top
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Appears to me that you are over reacting. I read your post and the name Josh Powell did not mean anything to me.

Well, then Google it.

www.jpowellconover.com

Last edited:
My gf who's a fortune 500 CEO journalist has a name of a girl that got a lapband surgery when she was a little girl, which at the time was outrageous, she deals with the mix-up all the time. I told her she should just beef up search results for her name on 15-20 articles to flush it out of view.
I know it sucks now, but you might..... laugh at this down the road (the mix-up, not the event).

My gf who's a fortune 500 CEO journalist has a name of a girl that got a lapband surgery when she was a little girl, which at the time was outrageous, she deals with the mix-up all the time. I told her she should just beef up search results for her name on 15-20 articles to flush it out of view.
I know it sucks now, but you might..... laugh at this down the road (the mix-up, not the event).

Yeah, I figure I will.

Did what you say worked? Did it get flushed out of view? I might have to beef up my name on 100 articles to flush this out!

www.jpowellconover.com

Back