• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Should I Start Final Expense As a Captive or Independent Agent

All training is people reading to you what you can teach urself. Besides that I guess there is no need to be captive

There are wayyyy too many subtleties and nuances involved in this to be picked up by reading.

Also you will need critiquing of your appt. setting pitch and your in person pitch.

----------

Whats a ride along.gonna.do for me? Be honest, all im gonna see is the dude makin a sale. I wont pick up on anything he says because I dont learn that way. Im more hands on learning. I dont believe u can teach someone how to sell. Either it comes to u or it doesnt

----------

basically what can they teach me that I cant teach myself

Seriously Man, Are you really that dense? Really?

Whats a ride along.gonna.do for me? Be honest, all im gonna see is the dude makin a sale. I wont pick up on anything he says because I dont learn that way. Im more hands on learning. I dont believe u can teach someone how to sell. Either it comes to u or it doesnt

----------

If you can't learn from watching someone make a pitch, you might want to rethink your learning perspective. We just met on the internet and so I truly know very little about you. Based on what very little I know about you it seems that you are going to be your biggest enemy when it comes to your chances of success. I'm not sure of how to politely say this, but you seem to want candor so I'll just go for it. It's the arrogance of believing no one can teach you anything. I've been fortunate enough to very early in my career have two different managers that simply spending time around helped me become a more polished sales professional. Some little things and some big things. In fact, at the interview I had with one of them I picked up something I use nearly every day to help make conversations more friendly.

A ridealong isn't an opportunity to "watch some guy make a sale", it's an opportunity to see the way an experienced agent interacts with prospects. It's not just what they say, it's when they say it, how they say it, and how the prospect responds. Some of that may be able to be self-taught by burning through very expensive leads and losing a lot of sales, but there is no replacement for having one-on-one training.

Whatever it is that has you absolutely opposed to any type of a boss or someone telling you what to do is going to end up costing you a lot of money. I'd get over that as fast as you can and start moving on with your life. Agents that have the humility to accept that they can learn to do better, especially when they're just getting started, can end up doing very well for themselves. Folks that don't believe they can be taught anything they can't learn on their own are even more likely to fail than the average agent.

Im new to final expense but im not new to sales. I can generate my own leads. If I need any advice on things I can look up my companies resources. Like really tell me what they will do for me?

Im new to final expense but im not new to sales. I can generate my own leads. If I need any advice on things I can look up my companies resources. Like really tell me what they will do for me?

You think you will sales advice from the companies? :D

Like there is anyone in the company offices that have a clue as to how sell their products?

You may just be pulling everyone's chain and if you are it's a good one.:yes:

If you can't learn from watching someone make a pitch, you might want to rethink your learning perspective. We just met on the internet and so I truly know very little about you. Based on what very little I know about you it seems that you are going to be your biggest enemy when it comes to your chances of success. I'm not sure of how to politely say this, but you seem to want candor so I'll just go for it. It's the arrogance of believing no one can teach you anything. I've been fortunate enough to very early in my career have two different managers that simply spending time around helped me become a more polished sales professional. Some little things and some big things. In fact, at the interview I had with one of them I picked up something I use nearly every day to help make conversations more friendly.

A ridealong isn't an opportunity to "watch some guy make a sale", it's an opportunity to see the way an experienced agent interacts with prospects. It's not just what they say, it's when they say it, how they say it, and how the prospect responds. Some of that may be able to be self-taught by burning through very expensive leads and losing a lot of sales, but there is no replacement for having one-on-one training.

Whatever it is that has you absolutely opposed to any type of a boss or someone telling you what to do is going to end up costing you a lot of money. I'd get over that as fast as you can and start moving on with your life. Agents that have the humility to accept that they can learn to do better, especially when they're just getting started, can end up doing very well for themselves. Folks that don't believe they can be taught anything they can't learn on their own are even more likely to fail than the average agent.

all your doing is telling me how great they can be. You arent telling me what they can do for me. Explain to me how a guy telling me what to do and me goin to do it is different from me receiving the same information by self reading and then doin the same thing? All these little bits and pieces to make urself a sales pro what is all that? Let me guess you would also recommend that I take a 600 dollar course to pass my exams if I wanted to try another field in insurance?

Cool dude. It sounds like you "got this." What the hell are you doing here? Most of us come here to learn from each other. If you don't think a ride along would help you then reading message board posts would be completely useless to a genius such as yourself.

You think you will sales advice from the companies? :D

Like there is anyone in the company offices that have a clue as to how sell their products?

You may just be pulling everyone's chain and if you are it's a good one.:yes:

The point im making is knowledge is knowledge, whether its self.tought or.someone teaches it to you. Not everybody is the same. Not sverybody has the same learning curve. I could sell in my sleep. How many of you have actually held a job that requires you to read people and how they act and how they will respond? That is not something that can be tought by someone. Those are experiences you will gain when you are out in the field. Then again this is government reliant america where people are forced to think they can't do things by themselves

He's Got This!

I can tell you from personal experience, selling final expense is totally unique compared to business-to-business sales.

You need to know how to close on the first visit, while solidifying the sale, and protecting your new business from getting replaced, versus courting a purchasing agent for months on end, multiple meetings and lunch-and-learns, finally proposing, and letting the deal sit on their lap for weeks if not months, before you get a signed contract.

Some initial mentoring to assure you have your bases covered and you "get" final expense, is always a good investment, even with reduced comps. Better to be safe than sorry.

You can always go independent after a few months, get street contracts, and develop your own leads, once you are personally assured you know how to work in this niche.

Good luck.

Cool dude. It sounds like you "got this." What the hell are you doing here? Most of us come here to learn from each other. If you don't think a ride along would help you then reading message board posts would be completely useless to a genius such as yourself.

I never said I was a genius. I never said I didnt want any help. But dont sit up here and tell me I need help when u csnt tell me what they would help me with.

----------

He's Got This!

I can tell you from personal experience, selling final expense is totally unique compared to business-to-business sales.

You need to know how to close on the first visit, while solidifying the sale, and protecting your new business from getting replaced, versus courting a purchasing agent for months on end, multiple meetings and lunch-and-learns, finally proposing, and letting the deal sit on their lap for weeks if not months, before you get a signed contract.

Some initial mentoring to assure you have your bases covered and you "get" final expense, is always a good investment, even with reduced comps. Better to be safe than sorry.

You can always go independent after a few months, get street contracts, and develop your own leads, once you are personally assured you know how to work in this niche.

Good luck.

Ok finally someone gives an unbiased answer. Idk what u guys say compared to me as a consumer is completely different, there is no such thing as a closer. Nobody can convince me to spend money I dont wanna spend. Reality is when it comes down to it, u explained ur product, they know what they are paying for, they have a price in front of them, they decide yes or no. Can u explain to me where the closer comes in? This is a serious question

----------

I agree to a point, but seeing how it is done is also real world experience. When I was new I had the chance to fly out and ride with Tim Winders my training manager and passed on it because I was too cheap to do it. I have sold a lot of final expense the last 4 years, and I GUARANTEE I would have sold a lot more had I been less of a dumb **** and flew to Iowa. Training both by phone, and with a ride along can be invaluable as you will see things in person that can never be expressed over the phone.

Latest posts

Back