SilverScript 2019

Premium almost never matters. Seriously.

Yearly total estimated cost matters.

( I hate this, but because of circumstance, here we go again.)

Unfortunately I fall in almost where it does matter. It was also a very significant issue for my other PDP "client" for this year.

Oh yeah, CMS may take away your Medicare. Good thing you didn't post rates. Or did you? Uh oh!
Alright, misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking why I was concerned about the rate increase.

As far as the other is concerned, there was a conversation in another thread recently where I think someone got into publicly discussing some plan details that they, as an agent, should not have brought up at this time. With my comment in this thread I was just attempting to be polite and not add specifics I did not think agents were free to discuss at this time, and leave a thread where more details could be added later.

SilverScript was quite controversial around this time last year, I am watching to see what comes around this year. (For example: I see they have also made some changes in the speed at which they can make formulary changes.)

With my comment in this thread I was just attempting to be polite and not add specifics I did not think agents were free to discuss at this time, and leave a thread where more details could be added later.
.)

There you go again, thinking like an agent when you are a consumer.

How much is it going up? Mine's going up $3.40 (14.5%) a month. That is a good jump % wise. :yes:

I don't know if I can handle an extra $3.40 a month....that's a pound of bacon. :unsure:

from what I've heard I hear most are going up in premium copay and deductible this year. I hope I don't have to spend all AEP fixing all my client's drug coverage, this year

( I hate this, but because of circumstance, here we go again.)

Unfortunately I fall in almost where it does matter. It was also a very significant issue for my other PDP "client" for this year.

For anyone who has so little income that a premium under $50/mo matters (to the extent that it is a significant issue), they can probably file for Extra Help (Low-income subsidy).

But even at that, let's say someone earns $2,000/mo, so no LIS. They want the best deal at their pharmacy for their Rx's. Premium doesn't (really) matter because yearly estimated cost matters more (of which, premium is already factored in).

The only time I stray from this general principle is when someone takes no or very few meds and is quite concerned about a deductible on the lowest projected cost plan. In this case, and only in this case, would I recommend the higher cost no deductible PDP, which has a higher projected yearly cost, but it works better for my client due to their concern about future Rx's and difficulty meeting a deductible in any given month.

I think that's the most reasonable way to handle the unreasonable PDP market.

Back