Starting a Position with Securus FE

One man was so adamant about not being able to meet at his home and even went as far as trying to arrange a meetup for breakfast.

I agree with rousemark, go ahead and meet them for coffee/breakfast/donut, stc. I've sold a lot of policies from across the diner table.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One man was so adamant about not being able to meet at his home and even went as far as trying to arrange a meetup for breakfast.

I agree with rousemark, go ahead and meet them for coffee/breakfast/donut, stc. I've sold a lot of policies from across a diner table.

Last edited:
Contract with as few companies as you can with Securus.. or any IMO actually- Probably do Monumental and Foresters

Spread your companies out..I have 5 different IMO's.. with contracts only so I'm not obligated to write anything with them.. and pretty good contracts too

Go get you a 110% Stonebridge, that way if you leave Securus, you dont have to wait 6 months if they wont release you.. you can use the Monumnetal application, just put your Stonebridge # on it

Same underwriting, same rates

Well, I'm kind of in a bad situation as I contracted through NAA with Monumental. I never wrote any business though so do you think there is anything I would be able to do in terms of a release? For some reason, I just get the feeling that NAA won't release you from these contracts. Let me know..

That's the rumor going around that they won't release people...as a matter of fact, about 90% of IMO's refuse to release people..It doesn't make sense, especially when there is no debit balance, or any debt related to the upline

Securus has a special deal with Monumental that no one can be released for 1-full year after their last business is issued. They stick to it.

Also agents who have Monumental should check their appointments with the DOI website. We automatically were appointed with Stonebridge a few months ago with no notice. I assume that's to prevent dual contracting.

Your haircut is more than what you think. Average commission level is 110-115%

Let's not get the guy's head all screwed up, I would not say the average commission level is 110-115 for someone with zero experience , needs hand holding, training, etc. I'm assuming he's also getting a fixed price lead at Securus?

Well, I'm kind of in a bad situation as I contracted through NAA with Monumental. I never wrote any business though so do you think there is anything I would be able to do in terms of a release? For some reason, I just get the feeling that NAA won't release you from these contracts. Let me know..

Couple things. Monumental is only one company. I myself did not have them till about 6 months ago. If I lost them or any other company I would not skip a beat. As TPA said pick up other plans. Also, Stop writing Monumental and get the one year clock ticking. A year goes by pretty fast.

Couple things. Monumental is only one company. I myself did not have them till about 6 months ago. If I lost them or any other company I would not skip a beat. As TPA said pick up other plans. Also, Stop writing Monumental and get the one year clock ticking. A year goes by pretty fast.

Well, that's good to hear. I did some price comparisons as well between them and a couple different companies. At most, I saw Monumental just change to a buck or so cheaper. However, I do understand Monumental can get those with health issues in with an immediate benefit and no waiting period before the death benefit actually kicks in. As well as their accelerated payment program where they pay you a portion of that deferred earned money on written policies every month. Not to mention some slightly higher commission levels, right? Damnit, I want my Monumental contract back :( haha

Is there any other company I can write for that will offer an immediate benefit to someone, say with COPD?

But no, I think I am pretty confident I will be able to write business with any company. After all, you are selling yourself and very rarely does the client even care what company they are taking out the policy with (so I have been told). I read that some people say they have lower retention rates with other companies. However, I plan on doing a tremendous job at making an attempt to retain business and service clients. I will start by delivering their policies to them personally and going over anything they need. Basically, giving them a sense that I am really there to help them and am at their beck and call. I plan to mail them each a thank you note or some kind of card at the end of the week or month in which I write them a policy. I also plan to mail them out a card every year. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd gladly consider those, too.

Back