Success Without Direct Mail or TM Leads

I'm talking about the lady through EFES that was number one in persistency and production several years back. John always talked about her being an aberration, considering that (a) her production was great, and (b) she did not purchase direct mail leads; was that not the case? Part of the original poster's question was who sells final expense *without* purchasing direct mail or telemarketed leads, not necessarily who door knock

I know the lady in Chicago.... She purchased leads for a few years, and still purchased leads... Just not that many... She worked referrals from the leads she had purchased.

She reminds me of Leslie Jones from SNL, and sales the heck out of the projects in Chicago. I wouldn't add that option to your mentorship hustle.

I'm not arguing against 150K not being a top producer... I'm saying that TOP PRODUCERS use leads.

I have known a couple producers in that range that did not buy leads.. They canvassed and worked referrals but they certainly are the exceptions.. I have also only known a few that did it with leads and will have to say I have never known a 200K+ producer that did not use leads.. In fact, of the folks on here that claim to do $200K+, I don't think there are any that are not buying leads.. I think JD buys the least number of leads among that group.

Just curious as to how many top producers make it without direct mail or tele-marketed leads? Do they make it solely on cold calling/door knocking? I know the most efficient way is probably to buy leads but if you are in an area with poor returns can door knocking get you to the top?

Just for all you guys that jumped into this thread mid way. The above is the opening post to this thread... My answer to this question is ZERO.

I'm sure that the answer to get to the top is NOT cold door knocking in areas with low returns. I'm sure that those folks who throw those cards away, will not have a change of heart when you show up at their door.

Just for all you guys that jumped into this thread mid way. The above is the opening post to this thread... My answer to this question is ZERO.

I'm sure that the answer to get to the top is NOT cold door knocking in areas with low returns. I'm sure that those folks who throw those cards away, will not have a change of heart when you show up at their door.

Have to confess the "low returns area" went right by me.. I do know a couple of guys that would write $150K without buying leads but as to the question of whether or not they were in a poor return area, I have no idea.. They worked East TN and since I have never dropped leads here, I have no idea of what the return would be..

Have to confess the "low returns area" went right by me.. I do know a couple of guys that would write $150K without buying leads but as to the question of whether or not they were in a poor return area, I have no idea.. They worked East TN and since I have never dropped leads here, I have no idea of what the return would be..

Seemed like a two part question. I know a lot of agents that do over $100,000.00 doing something called prospecting in Life Insurance. However, this was on the FE section and as I understand it that I'd lead driven.

Just curious as to how many top producers make it without direct mail or tele-marketed leads? Do they make it solely on cold calling/door knocking? I know the most efficient way is probably to buy leads but if you are in an area with poor returns can door knocking get you to the top?

This is actually a great question. Some of your replies have been comical but not helpful. I do not do any cold calling at all. I built my business through direct mail and referrals. I had very little luck with online Marketing leads. My direct-mail consists of a specific target message to a specific target audience. Repeat often. Become an expert in your topic. Plan to spend at least 10% on your marketing for what you want to earn. It's tough when you're first starting to come up with marketing money, especially if you are not really making anything yet. You have to spend to receive for this marketing strategy to work. Then once you start getting a good solid client base, you'll find you spend less money on new client marketing and reap more benefit on referrals -- by switching some of your marketing $$ to getting referrals from your clients. My version of cold calling is going to every networking meeting, chamber event etc. and presenting who I am and what I do. Use networking with direct mail and you'll have a growing business very quickly.

One of the most successful Financial firms in the US (ED Jones) was built on cold door knocking--I would never do it--I HAVE to have SOME plan

I have a friend that sells same Medicare plans that I do---I wanted him to contract under me on FE and I took him out on a few door knocks WITH FRESH LEADS--he said he couldnt do it

Do what you CAN do and what you are COMFORTABLE doing!

Back