• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Talking about other business after Medicare

The art of the Cross sell is all how you intertwine the other products during your Medicare presentation. So when we're explaining how Medicare A&B work we always talk about long-term care as part of Medicare part A Hospital insurance it's a natural lead over to long-term care we also talk about final expense Isbell if you pass away while you're in the nursing home. At the end of my presentation I talked about guaranteeing lifetime income and that is a natural discussion into annuity so during the Medicare presentation recovering the Mets up the PDP final expense long-term care and annuities usually during the presentation is too long to have a further conversation so we schedule a follow-up visit and review what products they may be interested in outside of the Mets up and PDP. But it's all in your presentation while you're talking about the Mets up in my experience it's very difficult to just talk about a Medicare supplement after an appointment and then say hey are you interested in an in an annuity they're more than likely going to say no right on the spot. You absolutely have to create the need during your presentation for the Medicare supplement

Last month I wrote a $20,000 annuity deal and now that I'm talking about lifetime income during all my presentation I'm starting to get a pipeline of candidates that are interested. The other day in my office we had a client come back in after we wrote their medsup and they told me that they were interested in long-term care I went through a 45-minute long-term care presentation client said they didn't have enough money and couldn't afford it I asked him about the retirement accounts and it turns out this guy has over 1.2 million dollars tied up and non-qualified money so I pivoted t to annuity with long-term care and he's coming back in for a third visit to review annuity options that have long-term care in it.

Last month I wrote a $20,000 annuity deal and now that I'm talking about lifetime income during all my presentation I'm starting to get a pipeline of candidates that are interested. The other day in my office we had a client come back in after we wrote their medsup and they told me that they were interested in long-term care I went through a 45-minute long-term care presentation client said they didn't have enough money and couldn't afford it I asked him about the retirement accounts and it turns out this guy has over 1.2 million dollars tied up and non-qualified money so I pivoted t to annuity with long-term care and he's coming back in for a third visit to review annuity options that have long-term care in it.

While you didn't ask for advice, if you had used a fact finder you would have already known all of this on the first appointment. You're lucky that he came back to talk with you, otherwise you would not have known about any of this. You didn't ask.

A ton of value in using a fact finder i totally agree. This client was seen by another agent in my office for the med supp but I agree withy you on probing beyond Medicare on the initial sale. This has become much easier for me now and I do probe on assets during my meetings. my challenge is the follow up on the other products because they are a longer sales cycle. What i have learned, the more i talk about LTC and Annuities in my Medicare presentation the more candidates I have for cross selling. No short term care or home care in NJ so T65 annuity is a big opportunity.

A ton of value in using a fact finder i totally agree. This client was seen by another agent in my office for the med supp but I agree withy you on probing beyond Medicare on the initial sale. This has become much easier for me now and I do probe on assets during my meetings. my challenge is the follow up on the other products because they are a longer sales cycle. What i have learned, the more i talk about LTC and Annuities in my Medicare presentation the more candidates I have for cross selling. No short term care or home care in NJ so T65 annuity is a big opportunity.

As for the challenge of following up, do you use a CRM. If not, then that will fix that problem!

Yeah I'm currently using an older CRM and I'm in the process of transitioning over to a custom-built program which should help for follow-up I agree.

Back