• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

To Write -or- Not To Write . . .

I have done that on occasion. Called a carrier after submitting an app and mentioned something that was shared with me and it seemed like the client was trying to pull a fast one.

But this client didn't seem as though she was trying to pull a fast one. Was she even asked the question about depression and thoughts of suicide?

But this client didn't seem as though she was trying to pull a fast one. Was she even asked the question about depression and thoughts of suicide?

That sounds like weasel language.

Don't ask. Don't tell.

From my perspective, if there is an issue that is a possible (or potential) claim, I feel the carrier should know.

The OP stated he got the info 2nd hand which means it is tainted.

Still, if I were the agent involved I would still discuss with the client and then possibly tell the underwriter.

But that is just the way I do things. Doesn't mean others have to follow the same path.

Prospect never mentioned anything. Her Mom did . . . I will only ask the questions on the app and then note that Prospect spent 5 days in mental health clinic . . .

Don't ask. Don't tell.

From my perspective, if there is an issue that is a possible (or potential) claim, I feel the carrier should know.

Still, if I were the agent involved I would still discuss with the client and then possibly tell the underwriter.

But that is just the way I do things. Doesn't mean others have to follow the same path.
He did pass it along to the UW and the UW said to send it in.

I've had quite a few underwriters tell me that they're only interested in the questions on the app, as they're written. I do agree with asking the UW to be on the safe side.

Don't ask. Don't tell.

Nothing weasel about it. He went to the underwriters with everything but the hearsay. I think it's more "weasley" to report hearsay like a little teenage girl would.

Did anybody notice Tom's post way back in Post #31? :goofy:

"So - acting on DHK's advice about the cover letter - I decided to call Settlers and speak to underwriting. She said - "Probation isn't an issue @ Settlers and since the application doesn't ask about the suicide threat nor the 5 days of mental health inpatient - it is a non issue as well"

So - going to write it up, attach these items in a cover letter and if it is issued - my bases are covered . . .

This is why I love this place . . ."

Did anybody notice Tom's post way back in Post #31? :goofy:

"So - acting on DHK's advice about the cover letter - I decided to call Settlers and speak to underwriting. She said - "Probation isn't an issue @ Settlers and since the application doesn't ask about the suicide threat nor the 5 days of mental health inpatient - it is a non issue as well"

So - going to write it up, attach these items in a cover letter and if it is issued - my bases are covered . . .

This is why I love this place . . ."

old ass Somarco didnt because he has me "blocked" - - - bahahahaha . . .

Be nice Lamb Chops. Bob isn't old, he's only about a year older than me, and I don't feel old anymore since I'm on the "lifestyle"....the Keto Lifestyle". Bob's been on the Keto for 1 1/2 years, so he probably feels younger than I do. :yes:

Keto sucks . . . Nasty food - yuck . . .

Back