UHC Commission Statements Get Annoying Sometimes...

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
does this happen to anyone else?

for at least the 5th time this year already, UHC Charged back nearly every one of of my clients and then reversed the chargeback on the very same statement. which makes it really hard to figure out if I am getting paid correctly. I have called uhc about this in the past and all I get from them is "oh, its a computer error, please just ignore it. all your clients are still on your book. We appologize for any inconvenience."

Grrr!! Get your $#!T together UHC!! :1arghh::1arghh:

If it's charged back and then reversed on the same stmt, then it zeroes out.

Kinda like repeating yourself with the same sentence. So you're ok.

Just watch those chgbacks going back over a year!

does this happen to anyone else?

for at least the 5th time this year already, UHC Charged back nearly every one of of my clients and then reversed the chargeback on the very same statement. which makes it really hard to figure out if I am getting paid correctly. I have called uhc about this in the past and all I get from them is "oh, its a computer error, please just ignore it. all your clients are still on your book. We appologize for any inconvenience."

Grrr!! Get your $#!T together UHC!! :1arghh::1arghh:

I have had that happen however it did not correct till the next statement. That is a bummer. Had two cases in January which were over two years old that were reversed back to issue date. Charged back all commissions. Restored them the next pay cycle.

I will say this though. The statements are confusing but they were the only MAPD carrier that paid me in January when they said they would.:swoon:

I have a serious question about UHC medicare commissions.

What they are doing to me is this. I write a new deal they pay me the $180 then when I get my renewal statement they yank this amount out of it.
How can I get paid on any new business if this is they way they are doing it. Has anybody else noticed this??

I just got my commission statement and on there is one I just wrote for a 5/1/15 effective date. They paid me $136 which I guess is the $17/month x 8 months for rest of this year. The first year commission is supposed to be like $407 so why would they pay me the $33.00 x 8 months and then start renewals on 1/1/16?

I just got my commission statement and on there is one I just wrote for a 5/1/15 effective date. They paid me $136 which I guess is the $17/month x 8 months for rest of this year. The first year commission is supposed to be like $407 so why would they pay me the $33.00 x 8 months and then start renewals on 1/1/16?
The way it is supposed to work is that they pay you that prorated half, and then on a later statement after they have confirmed with Medicare that it is a true up, they will charge back that prorated amount, and pay you the $407, with renewals beginning next January.

My preference would be that they not pay the prorated amount so quickly, but pay the final amount after they've confirmed whether or not it is a true up with Medicare. But I suppose people would complain about that delay.

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess that's how it has always worked but I was used to seeing the $207 and then later paying $413 and charging back $207.

This isn't just limited to the Senior Markets. We're seeing this in the MM side too. In addition to the charge back and adj on the commissions we're seeing improper premiums, commission being paid out multiple times and just not being compensated period.

This is a weekly issue we are continuously battling.

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess that's how it has always worked but I was used to seeing the $207 and then later paying $413 and charging back $207.

In Illinois and other states. The renewal and the true up is prorated. To end of year. Then in January you will get the $17 renewal payment. The later you write a case the less total you will be paid. I lost about $1,000. For business written during 2014 (not aep).
Coventry is paying all true up whenever you write it. Then paying renewals begin on jan of the next year

Back