United Insurance Company Of America / Home Service

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client that took out a 10k policy with them in 1989. The client is now 63 years of age. The client cannot locate the policy,says they never got one. The client tells me there's a loan against it they never paid back.When you call their home office for information,they tell the client to contact the agent. I prepared a list of questions for the client to ask the agent.When the client contacts the agent to get the values,the agent tells the client the following:

Current DB $8100
Max loan value $1000
Current CV $1000

The client is also advised that the policy will be paid up at age 65,they should go ahead at that time and start paying the loan off with the goal of having a 10k paid up policy.

Does anyone know if they have ever offered life paid up at 65 ?

Ridiculous the home office said that. Agent is probably out of business and if there is a loan that they haven't paid back then there screwed.

That is their main product. LP65, LP85, also 10 pay, 20 pay, and 21 pay (face amount doubles and paid up in 21 years).

So very good chance it is LP65 but I would not believe the agent. They are trained to lie. She can go into office and get a declaration page.

----------

Ridiculous the home office said that. Agent is probably out of business and if there is a loan that they haven't paid back then there screwed.

No with this company you always have an agent but great chance it isn't writing agent. They run debit and collect or client mails in but always agent over your account.

That is their main product. LP65, LP85, also 10 pay, 20 pay, and 21 pay (face amount doubles and paid up in 21 years).

So very good chance it is LP65 but I would not believe the agent. They are trained to lie. She can go into office and get a declaration page.

----------

No with this company you always have an agent but great chance it isn't writing agent. They run debit and collect or client mails in but always agent over your account.

They are big time liars, came across a policy (well she didnt have one) last year, poor little ole lady had been paying for 10 years, agent pocketed cash, never had a policy. They are pond scum.:mad:

They are big time liars, came across a policy (well she didnt have one) last year, poor little ole lady had been paying for 10 years, agent pocketed cash, never had a policy. They are pond scum.:mad:

Not fair to condemn a whole group of agents just becasue some are scum. Every company has them.. There are even independents that can be included in that category. United does have some good agents and managers. In fact, based on the ones I have personally known, I believe they are in the majority.

----------

I told the client to have the agent furnish proof in writing.

I'll look for LP65 on the dec page
You know your stuff bro !

Sent from the FE Universe

Not fair to condemn a whole group of agents just becasue some are scum. Every company has them.. There are even independents that can be included in that category. United does have some good agents and managers. In fact, based on the ones I have personally known, I believe they are in the majority.

I dont think so, I only know one that is reputable and a former United Agent. Every single one of them I have replaced have been outright misrepresentations and lies to the PI. This covers Georgia to TN to SC. So its a pretty good control group:yes:

----------

Sorry to thread hijack but is your avatar a pic of that famous old moonshiner?

I dont think so, I only know one that is reputable and a former United Agent. Every single one of them I have replaced have been outright misrepresentations and lies to the PI. This covers Georgia to TN to SC. So its a pretty good control group:yes:

----------

Sorry to thread hijack but is your avatar a pic of that famous old moonshiner?
Does look like Popcorn Sutton.. :yes:

I probably have known 200+agents personally with them. (Probably more) and only a few were close to honest. The things you are taught to say and do to collect money is insane. Go to clients family and ask them to pay because Mary is behind. Fake loan forms. Use one persons payment to pay another's in arrears. List goes on and on. Never once met an agent over 1 year with them that wasn't in the book some. Usually making clients payments to keep bonuses. Was horrific!

----------

I don't know a lot. But when it comes to certain things I'm aight :)

Back