VoIP - Vocalocity, 8x8, Jive Ect...

Tucker444

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone have first hand experience with any of these or any others?

We currently have Ringcentral and must get away from them. Horrible issues for 2 years now.

I was going to give up on VoIP but there are so many businesses that use VoIP and some are so large there is no way they have the issues we have or they wouldnt be using it.

So I am on the hunt.

Let me know what you use. We use phone.com but a lot of calls have issues. I looked at 8x8 but just not sure.

I"ve been using 8x8 for the last three years and i've had nothing bad to say. I'm not the heaviest user, as i still use my cell phone a ton, but it's been good to me.

Fonality going on second year, have 2 VOIP lines... great service, no complaints.

Paid for 1 year up front, got 1 year free.

You are going to have Issues with all these vendors with quality. Mainly because VOIP is primarily using a server based PBX which Is overloaded.

Large companies, ours included, own their own systems and are able to control the loads on their servers. All of our agents have access to our systems and never had complaints of quality.

If you need a good one, we recommend and resell for Velocity Networks. www.vel.net or contact me and we can hook you up on our PBX system.

Last edited:
Tucker444 said:
Anyone have first hand experience with any of these or any others?

We currently have Ringcentral and must get away from them. Horrible issues for 2 years now.

I was going to give up on VoIP but there are so many businesses that use VoIP and some are so large there is no way they have the issues we have or they wouldnt be using it.

So I am on the hunt.

What issues are you having with Ring Central?

Ive had ringcentral for awhile. They suck at customer service. They never ported my number from my previous voip which they promised they would....

That could have been an issue with the company that held your number previously. I have had Ringcentral for 4 years. The call quality is great and I love the service. My only issue is I took a long hard look at my usage a month ago and reliazed they had new offering and I switched my service via my internet connection. I got a confirmation screen and a credit and figured everything was all set. Look at my bill this month and nothing changed. When I spoke with customer service they said you can't switch the service online and you must speak with the sales dept (then why have it look like it accomplishes it online) they did credit me and everything is fine now.

To the OP if your issues are call quality have you tweeked your settings in the call controller? Have you run a test of your internet connection that could be your problem.

I recently came accross Freedom Voice which seems to be similiar to Ringcentral with cheaper prices, I have NOT used them just came across them via an ad and it peaked my interest the website doesn't fully answer my questions and I'm always hesitant to make a change and risk my phone numbers.

Back