To VoIP or Not to VoIP?

tom3

Expert
Getting ready for busy season coming up in 100 days.

Im thinking of staying away from VoIP. Has propensity to shut down.

Thinking of just doing hard lines.

VOIP depends on your internet.

I have used VOIP for years with Verizon FIOS with no problem. Clarity is so good no one knows it is VOIP.

Vonage charges $25 a month. I bought a machine from OOMA (ebay) for $99 and now only pay the state sales tax of $3.73 a month with unlimited nationwide calling.

I use 8x8 and it has an option to forward to an outside line (cell or google voice) in the event of a power outage, while the auto attendant remains functional. Not sure if that is an option, but it eased my concern on that issue. I've had a great experience with 8x8 and have 4 lines and e fax, video conferencing, tons of features. I pay about $150.00/month.

I wish I could use VOIP... no real hi-speed available where I live so it won't work. :no:

I got rid of all hard wired phones at my home and both offices back in 2008. I went with the Ring Central office set up. It ties my home system and two offices in two different states all together. You can't tell it from a hard wired system except it has more features. The few times I have problems it's a hardware part that goes out and you have to buy a new one.

I got rid of all hard wired phones at my home and both offices back in 2008. I went with the Ring Central office set up. It ties my home system and two offices in two different states all together. You can't tell it from a hard wired system except it has more features. The few times I have problems it's a hardware part that goes out and you have to buy a new one.

I will say I agree 100% with you for once.

We have used RC for years. Its inexpensive and easy to use. The support is awesome. They also have an app where you can make calls from your cell and have your business number show up as Caller ID. The fax features are nice too. It tells you if the fax went through or not. When agents in the field send us business to send to the carriers we eFax them...once we get the email that it went through...we forward the email to the agent so there is no question whether we sent their case off or not.

You can also "code" different extensions so if a call is coming from a customer and you're getting it lets say on your cell...you can code it so you know this actual call is a customer. Or this code is for agents hot line. Etc...

Back