VoIP - Vocalocity, 8x8, Jive Ect...

Which router would work best? We use phone.com and a basic linksys router.

You need one that can handle a lot of traffic. Most routers that go up in price just go up in price because you can be further away from the router, not because there is more memory and processing power on the router itself. The AirPort Extreme has a TON of processor power and memory and it can keep up with things quite well.

i wonder if most of the people having trouble with voip are using wireless connections, and using a softphone? I used an IP phone with a hard connection (ethernet vs wireless) and didn't seem to have any issues this way with the fastest cable internet package avail.

i wonder if most of the people having trouble with voip are using wireless connections, and using a softphone? I used an IP phone with a hard connection (ethernet vs wireless) and didn't seem to have any issues this way with the fastest cable internet package avail.

Yes I have been using only a soft phone and wireless. So that might be some of the issues.

Who do you use?

I wonder if anyone has tried using a dedicated Internet connection for their voip needs such as a 2nd cable/fiber/dsl line, if u use voip all the time.

Searching for a new phone service provider always seems a bit nerve wrecking. If you have any questions about Hosted PBX and VoIP technology or services don't hesitate to ask, just let me know!

As for Vocalocity? We cater to small and medium sized businesses. We offer traditional service quality and productivity features that are easy to use and designed to enhance applications you are already using, and we require no contracts.

Our newest productivity feature is a desktop dashboard that actually integrates your phone system into applications like MS Outlooks, LinkedIn, Quickbooks, SugarCRM, eAgent, MS Dynamics (and more), so that every time your phone rings, all the records associated with that caller open automatically. No longer are you having to 'search' contacts in your CRM, adding notes is painless, and having an opportunity to review call history will ensure you provide the best possible customer service to your client.

If you would like to chat more, please let me know! And good luck with your new provider search!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Switched from Nextiva to Vocalocity a year or so ago. Vocalocity has been great to work with and phone quality could not be better. They've also got a nice plug-in for Outlook and Sugar if you use either of those.

Great to hear you are enjoying the plug-ins! We are really excited for our 2.0 version of Vocalocity Desktop to launch! Keep your eyes out! :)

Last edited:
is 40 bucks a month per line for 1000 minutes (ring central) really consider cheap? Im looking at those ring central services now but i cant get over it being so expensive (to me). I pay 35 a month for my cellphone for unlimited everything!

Back