• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What is the Appropriate Amount of Final Expense Coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not defending him... He doesn't need me to defend him. Sometimes, on here it's hard for the new people to figure out whose opinions come from experience and whose come from dreams.

I don't know what started between you two... Like I said I don't know you... I believe you're new and just didn't want you to get on the wrong side of something. JD walks the walk. I was just trying to give you a heads up... I'm looking out for ya.

TT

He's not new. Just a new name. Check out the thread on him in the lead forum.

Dude has scammed just about every IMO. FEX started after his heyday as a grifter so you dodged the bullet.

I believe markets are different in different parts of the country. You always hear people say you need to filter to down to this income or talk about selling $10,000 of FE for burial. Seems that what would be correct in one area has very little to do with what is correct in another.

I remember last year one of the members was talking about the San Jose Market. not being any good for "FE" sales. I disagreed. Today I saw this listing for a $1,500 a month rental in San Jose, CA. I thought wow that is super cheap.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1062-S-Genevieve-Ln-San-Jose-CA-95128/19586975_zpid/?fromHomePage=true%3Futm_source%3Dtxtshare

Plots for sale -
Los Gatos Memorial Park in San Jose, California, Burial Plots For Sale

$10,000 is not going to do much there.

$50,000 a year is below poverty level there. Hell, Dual $50,000 income is maybe apartment living.

Just a thought on different areas.

Oh, and the 58 yr old 2,000 Sq ft 3/2 main home is a little over $1,000,000.00

You touch on something there that bothers me some in a couple of different ways.

I attended church here for several years in a large evangelical church. One of the things that would come around occasionally was that I should be really happy with my income because as an American, even on the low end of the earnings scale, I still earn more than 70-80-90 percent (whatever it was) of the people in the world. That's great but I don't live in Honduras or Argentina or Africa, I live here and I have to buy food and housing and clothing here. (And I noticed disparities in Honduras too on a mission trip.)

It's been 20-25 years, but I had reason to be in Santa Fe and in Summit county Colorado. Even back then there was so much money being dumped into those areas that the people that provide the service labor for the wealthy residents and visitors can't afford to live there.

not situations I can fix, but they bother me sometimes.

You touch on something there that bothers me some in a couple of different ways.

I attended church here for several years in a large evangelical church. One of the things that would come around occasionally was that I should be really happy with my income because as an American, even on the low end of the earnings scale, I still earn more than 70-80-90 percent (whatever it was) of the people in the world. That's great but I don't live in Honduras or Argentina or Africa, I live here and I have to buy food and housing and clothing here. (And I noticed disparities in Honduras too on a mission trip.)

It's been 20-25 years, but I had reason to be in Santa Fe and in Summit county Colorado. Even back then there was so much money being dumped into those areas that the people that provide the service labor for the wealthy residents and visitors can't afford to live there.

not situations I can fix, but they bother me sometimes.

The Bay Area has that very problem. A pair of Elementry school teachers will make about $65,000 each or Household income of $130,000 They are going to have a tough time buying a home and raising a couple of kids in San Jose on that.

I hate when they start telling us that stuff as a way of making us resigned to lower living standards in this country, by laying on the old guilt trip. "You have it soooo much better than a blind, old woman in Liberia who had her arms hacked off and is suffering from Ebola. So just be satisfied with how good you've got it!"

Renewables?:twitchy:

----------

That apartment would be more in the $400 - $500 per month area around here..

Do have a question.. Have never heard the term "double dept" when referring to a grave site.. What do they mean by that?

It's "double depth". That's when 2 caskets are stacked one on top of the other in the same plot. A double decker.:swoon:

Renewables?:twitchy:

----------

It's "double depth". That's when 2 caskets are stacked one on top of the other in the same plot. A double decker.:swoon:

I wondered if that is what it meant. I know they are doing that in military cemeteries but has never heard of it in a civilian cemetary.

The Bay Area has that very problem. A pair of Elementry school teachers will make about $65,000 each or Household income of $130,000 They are going to have a tough time buying a home and raising a couple of kids in San Jose on that.

Maybe I don't understand why the cost of things are so much higher on the liberal coast lines?? But, either way, didn't thes folks choose to become teachers? Didn't they choose to live in the Bay Area? Could they not just move to a different area/state, make a little less money but come out ahead if the cost of living was much less??

I guess all the teachers moving away doesn't solve the problem. Again I just don't understand what causes the disparity in COL. Around here a guy could work for the local HVAC company and the wife could be an RN and they could easily make $70-$100k a year together and be considered well off by most.

But this is still America. We do have the highest standard of living of any generation that has ever existed. We have the most millionaires of any country combined and most of those are 1st generation millionaires. I'm sorry, but we do have it good. I don't care how hard you work and devote youreself to building wealth, but if you're born in Honduras or Liberia, you will not be able to have the chance of success you do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back