What May Happen with Medicare Advantage 2017 & Beyond?

enyce

Expert
With so many recent changes throughout the years, In all honesty what are some thoughts in the future of Medicare Advantage?

We fall back to our renewals as a reliable source of income, Yet have doubts at the end of the day about just how reliable the structure of this market is.

If this subject has already been covered please feel free to share the information.

Thanks. -enyce

With so many recent changes throughout the years, In all honesty what are some thoughts in the future of Medicare Advantage? We fall back to our renewals as a reliable source of income, Yet have doubts at the end of the day about just how reliable the structure of this market is. If this subject has already been covered please feel free to share the information. Thanks. -enyce

I don't know....

Plan N was the "Medicare Advantage" killer...

Then, Obamacare was going to "cut Medicare Advantage" at such a drastic rate that carriers would pull out.

Oddly enough.... More MAPD options now in my region than just a few short years ago....

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I think they will be around for good. There is a group of people that don't qualify for Medicaid and think Med Supps are not affordable that flock to MAPD plans. For T65s HMO/PPO has been the norm forever. Congress likes them enough to subsidize them.

I think they will be around awhile. They aren't that different compared to group health plans that people had prior to retirement. Obviously the medsupp benefits trump them, but MA plans do have a place in the market.

With so many recent changes throughout the years, In all honesty what are some thoughts in the future of Medicare Advantage?

We fall back to our renewals as a reliable source of income, Yet have doubts at the end of the day about just how reliable the structure of this market is.

If this subject has already been covered please feel free to share the information.

Thanks. -enyce

The longer the program continues, the more entrenched it becomes. And if it did go away, all those clients will need your help in transitioning to something else. No sense in worrying about a "what if" situation.

Only thing that scares me is about half my book of business is MAPD so if that option goes away I have a bunch of G.I business that pays anywhere from $25.00 to 11%. In fact if only the company I have everyone on leaves the Market I'm screwed that way. No other options for MAPD. I don't worry about it but I sure feel relieved when I see they are continuing for another year.

Thanks. -enyce

Anything is possible but with that said MA is not going away because it is the new normal for the AI medicare population in areas where they are available.Most people are very happy with their plans so good luck to politicians who try to take that away.

Now whether agents are going to be needed as much to market it as they are now is what I am concerned with more.

Back