• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What's the best way to spend $30 on leads?

Haha, I'm just playing about the 30 bucks. Seriously though, I am just starting out. I am looking into buying some internet leads but I know they will be tough to crack. I'd like some advice on which companies are decent and if there are any sources to get exclusive leads. I am looking into predictive dialers. Are they mainly for the Health side or does anyone use them for the life side of the business? Anyone use GoLeadsQ.com?? What do you suggest a new agent do to get started. I want to learn how to generate my own life insurance leads. Is Health more profitable than life? I want to stick to one side of the business initially. I appreciate all feedback. This $30 is burning a whole in my pocket.

You need to come up with some more money to invest. If you only are going to invest $30 bucks. Buy a car decal that goes on your windows or a car magnet from VistaPrint - Business Cards - Full Color Printing - Digital Printing Company | VistaPrint . At least 30 people a day see your car/truck and that is a good start for only $30.

Almost seems like a training exercise that an old manager that I had would make me do when I got started in the business. 1st week in the business he made me buy a new car. I learned soon after why he done this, and years later I apprecited him for always driving me so hard and never getting off my back. I mean door to door and had to call down the phone book. That was my 1st prospecting book. MEMORIES!!! I think I got off subject there. LOL

I have a lot more than $30 to spend. I just want to start off prospecting in a way that will be the most productive. I want to know what some of you veteran agents are doing. I'm not asking for your secret mojo or anything. I just want to know what is best for a new agent. There's a ton of information on this forum. I can't possibly try every little thing mentioned. Someone cut me some slack here.

What works for me, or Rick, or Ed, or . . . may not work for you. You can spend your way in to a hole or invest your way into a new career.

Seems to me you got off on the wrong foot.

Spending is just that. Investing is something different.

You have to find what works for you. That may involve a combination of spending and investing.

Track your expenditures. Keep the ones that work and jettison the ones that don't.

I never really understand this statement:
What works for me, or Rick, or Ed, or . . . may not work for you.

Then why does it work for you? How does it work? Does it really even work? If you show and tell me exactly how it's done and I emulate it, it has to work. Isn't that how we learn anything, riding a bike, sending an email, etc? How did you learn?

Anyway:
Prospect Zone has great live call transfers that rock! They however, are $35 a pop, you'd be over budget!

;)

Coming from a trainer-musician-vacuum cleaner salesman, that response does not surprise me. If this business were so easy, then everyone could simply duplicate a system and succeed.

You know, like selling soap-phone cards-discount medical cards-health insurance-med supps- nonmed life insurance.

Then why does it work for you? How does it work? Does it really even work? If you show and tell me exactly how it's done and I emulate it, it has to work. Isn't that how we learn anything, riding a bike, sending an email, etc? How did you learn?

I believe you have your answer. It works for Somarco, Rick and Ed.

I suspected that this was the case for several months now, everyone else is just wasting their time. Even if you have a modicum of success, it is a hollow triumph if you are not one of these three.

Sorry that you had to hear it this way.

Funny, the most common comment I hear when I train is that the system I teach is so simple. And then it's duplicated successfully. The only time it doesn't work is when they (the agent) don't apply it.

If you know how to sell and you're ethical and have a good product, you can successfully sell anything, cars, cell phones, whatever, because there's a skill set, it's not chance, if it were chance, there wouldn't be any top performers, everyone would be mediocre at best.

Coming from a trainer-musician-vacuum cleaner salesman, that response does not surprise me. If this business were so easy, then everyone could simply duplicate a system and succeed.

You know, like selling soap-phone cards-discount medical cards-health insurance-med supps- nonmed life insurance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ha ha, a harsh reality is always good.

I believe you have your answer. It works for Somarco, Rick and Ed.

I suspected that this was the case for several months now, everyone else is just wasting their time. Even if you have a modicum of success, it is a hollow triumph if you are not one of these three.

Sorry that you had to hear it this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed because several of you like to say "what works for me, won't work for you" meaning you won't tell or show.

I get it, that's funny.

"If you show and tell me exactly how it's done and I emulate it, it has to work"

Rob...you get an "A" for effort and articulation, but a "D-" for content. Remember..."Show and Tell" stopped in second grade.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The number one complaint anywhere in sales is leads, you've said it yourselves, starting with friends and relatives just sucks, cold calling sucks, so, yes, this job is easy, we can buy leads, that's half the battle, so agents should stop making excuses and sell!!!!

If this business were so easy, then everyone could simply duplicate a system and succeed.

Duplication is what many (possibly every) prosperous person will tell you allowed them to achieve great success, maybe some people can't comprehend that duplication actually works.

If you started an agency, when you hired agents would you tell them I can't teach you, "what works for me won't work for you?" Good luck with that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine it is fairly easy to impress folks who have no real knowledge of the industry, that what you are selling actually has value.

Back