• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What's the best way to spend $30 on leads?

If I teach someone how to sell more policies, have better retention and make more money with less of a struggle, does that not have value, sir?

I guess maybe they should struggle by listening to the vague recommendations by the likes of many on this forum.

This way they get discouraged and quit and you'll have less competition.

I imagine it is fairly easy to impress folks who have no real knowledge of the industry, that what you are selling actually has value.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS: Check my references and testimonials, I think some of them are quite knowledgeable.

I imagine it is fairly easy to impress folks who have no real knowledge of the industry, that what you are selling actually has value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this will shed some light:

People Who Put You Down Are Hurt Themselves

The first thing to know is that a happy, self confident, person does not put others down. They might provide constructive criticism but they won’t put others down. This tells you a lot about the person who criticizes you. Some people are very negative about others because:
  • they need to make themselves feel like they're in control or more powerful or to cover up their own insecurities
  • they’ve experienced a trauma of their own in the past and they don’t know how to deal with the pain so they'll hurt others as a defence mechanism.
People’s tirades against you will probably reveal to you just how unhappy and disillusioned and frustrated that person is with life, and that's their problem, not yours.

Somarco, you seem to be forgetting that Robliano has the same title as you, Guru.

There are no good gurus and bad gurus, there are only gurus.

Maybe this will shed some light:

People Who Put You Down Are Hurt Themselves

The first thing to know is that a happy, self confident, person does not put others down. They might provide constructive criticism but they won’t put others down. This tells you a lot about the person who criticizes you. Some people are very negative about others because:
  • they need to make themselves feel like they're in control or more powerful or to cover up their own insecurities
  • they’ve experienced a trauma of their own in the past and they don’t know how to deal with the pain so they'll hurt others as a defence mechanism.
People’s tirades against you will probably reveal to you just how unhappy and disillusioned and frustrated that person is with life, and that's their problem, not yours.

I was actually just joking around a little bit, ripping off an old Seinfeld episode, but you make a very good point. I really detest negativity, but we live in the real world and have to find some way to identify it and not let it affect us too much. I have found that its amazing how quickly I can shrug off a bad experience, when a client calls unexpectedly, which happens a great deal this time of year.

You have actually been very successful on this board in drawing responses from other forum members and attention to your threads. In my opinion, it is most likely reflective of a skill that you have mastered in being a good salesman.

I actually draw very little attention on this board, but have more clients than I can keep up with, but I am not really a salesman so my appeal to the clients lies elsewhere. I can only goof off on this board at select times during the day and still end up paying for it.

I was an engineer for 12 years before getting into insurance. One day I decided no more working for someone else. Best decision of my life, just wish it had come to me sooner. I never came close to making the kind of $$ you can make in this biz, as an engineer.

Great story, but don't let on that you don't have 100 years of experience, because you know what that means, LOL

I was actually just joking around a little bit, ripping off an old Seinfeld episode, but you make a very good point. I really detest negativity, but we live in the real world and have to find some way to identify it and not let it affect us too much. I have found that its amazing how quickly I can shrug off a bad experience, when a client calls unexpectedly, which happens a great deal this time of year.

You have actually been very successful on this board in drawing responses from other forum members and attention to your threads. In my opinion, it is most likely reflective of a skill that you have mastered in being a good salesman.

I actually draw very little attention on this board, but have more clients than I can keep up with, but I am not really a salesman so my appeal to the clients lies elsewhere. I can only goof off on this board at select times during the day and still end up paying for it.

I was an engineer for 12 years before getting into insurance. One day I decided no more working for someone else. Best decision of my life, just wish it had come to me sooner. I never came close to making the kind of $$ you can make in this biz, as an engineer.

Great story, but don't let on that you don't have 100 years of experience, because you know what that means, LOL

You're still willing to trade sleep for s_ _?

This job is confining, but it beats the relentless project work and reporting and pressure, all for the same check every two weeks and the hopes of a piddly bonus at the end of the year. Now I'm being negative.

The only way that I'd go back is to avoid jail.

I agree, I'll never work for anyone again, give yourself a raise when you want, take off when you want, it really makes sense doesn't it?

You're still willing to trade sleep for s_ _?

This job is confining, but it beats the relentless project work and reporting and pressure, all for the same check every two weeks and the hopes of a piddly bonus at the end of the year. Now I'm being negative.

The only way that I'd go back is to avoid jail.

I totally agree with Rob on all the comments he posted. I wanted to find out where I should start to invest my marketing dollars. It seems to me as if some of the "Guru's" simply don't want to let others know what they are doing to get business. That's cool, I guess. I've read a lot of different threads and it's the same guys responding to questions with the same old "Search the threads...". I'm the kind of person who shares knowledge with others. There's enough business out there. I guess I'll pick up some tips here and there and fall down a lot along the way. All I wanted to know is whether or not to go with a predictive dialer, whether or not to buy leads from certain vendors, whether to buy lists from a list broker or to buy live transfer leads. It looks like I'll start out with buying leads. I don't have unrealistic expectations in that area either. Eventually I want to generate my own leads. Thanks a lot for all the input the Guru's shared. I really do appreciate Rob's view on things so my hat off to you Rob.

Forget internet leads, and definitely don't buy a predictive dialer!

Write 60, well written, direct mail letters to a great list.

Visit the Gary Halbert Newsletter site, read everything there, then call me if you need help at 303-374-7389.

Tony

Back